Pop UP 8882339567

Scam Number: 8882339567
Scammer’s Website or Email:
Additional information about this scam: Pop up with a Windows Defender message that goes away when you restart the computer.

6 Likes

answers

“James” called me mean names and hurt my feewings!! :pleading_face::cry:
:laughing::laughing:

5 Likes

888-233-9567 Erica. Thursday 10-13-22 12:14PM EST

Call back 206-451-8358

3 Likes

Call these people please! They’re scaring elderly people into believing their whole system is hacked!

2 Likes

The 888-233-9567 is active and being answered.
The 206-451-8358 is a TextNow number and when I have called this number several times I got the TextNow msg machine.

Three times I conferenced into the same conference call a scammer from the (888) toll free number with the TextNow message machine of the TextNow scammer’s number (206) 451-8358 and I was telling the (888) scammer to leave a message on the TextNow number (206) 451-8358 that you criminals are also using.

So far the scammers at (888) that I have been harassing with several phone calls are protesting that they really work for Windows/Microsoft. They seem “indignant” and “offended” that I am calling them out on their criminal behavior.

If enough of us bait and/or harass this group of criminals, I suspect that they will start to be angry, that they will cease to “act” with us like “real employees” of Windows/Microsoft. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Keep calling. They are actively scamming RIGHT NOW!

1 Like

I don’t mess with pop-ups, let the professionals do it. LOL!

1 Like

They are actively scamming right now! Call and call and mess up their line.

2 Likes

There there T… it’s ok sweetie bug hug! :hugs: :people_hugging:

4 Likes

Yeah, I do not have a virtual machine.

With “virtual machine” scams, I sometimes “bait” them and try to drag the call out for as long as possible until either I call out the criminal when he seems impatient or until the criminal cusses me or hangs up. Of course I will not let a criminal onto my real computer that has no virtual machine.

Other times I just call repeatedly to harass these type of criminals.

4 Likes

Thank you, J. It’s nice to see that that someone cares about my fragile feelings. With that hug, could you also bring my favorite blankie?

6 Likes

But of course my little dove. :melting_face:

4 Likes

RE: Repeatedly Calling Scammer’s TextNow Phone Number from “Unknown Number” VOIP

I might not be doing much in the fight against these criminals, but I know from testing that when I login to my voice.google.com VOIP phone and switch it to show “Unknown Number” rather than my VOIP phone number, a TextNow number sees only “Unknown Number” and from within TextNow you cannot BLOCK an Unknown Number. I tested by calling my own TextNow number with my “Unknown Number” VOIP.

Currently my TextNow phone number is on hold with this (888) number, so I am calling REPEATEDLY and NON-STOP with my other hand using my VOIP Unknown Number the criminal’s TextNow number (206) 451-8358 even when I do not leave mocking or nasty messages just to annoy whoever is currently using the TextNow number (206) 451-8358.

Sometimes, but not all of the time, FINALLY the criminal on his TextNow number will answer one of my many calls from my Unknown Number VOIP with a VERY angry “Hello” or “What you want?” or “Stop calling!” and so on.

I know I might not be wasting much of the criminal’s time when he or she is using a TextNow number, but it satisfies my spite! It does not take a long time for a criminal to get a new TextNow number, but I spitefully like to make 'em get a new TextNow number.

Wait, my TextNow number’s call to (888) number has been answered finally

4 Likes

Those bastards!!!

5 Likes

I was totally devastated, Sol!
I even tried “I know you are, but what am I?” to no avail…
In hindsight, I should have gone straight for the “I’m rubber and you’re glue…”
That would teach the big meanie a lesson! (Crosses arms in a smug show of defiance)

4 Likes

That’ll show them Tim!!! Let me call them right now and tell them they are big poopoo-heads!!! :rage:

3 Likes

I have the VM but no fake bank set up so i usually just drag out and never seem to be able to download the program they want.

Remember of course Cootie Protection and the hand symbol to protect yourself from Cooties, @MajorLeeAwesome! You do not want to get through the phone line any Criminal Cooties!

I am aging myself I think. Do kids nowadays use the Cootie Protection hand symbols still?

3 Likes

Were you on with them? Pretending to have popup?

1 Like