Playstation Store scam [Not malicious]

Scam Number: Email: [email protected]
Domain Used: “Playstation Store”
Extra Info: Received this email (redacted personal, identifiable information) from “Playstation” on 6/16/22. Knew it was fake all along due to multiple things such as the email listed as the sent from (have purchased things from them before and that’s not the noreply), that’s not my card, and Half Life 3 as the game listed (on top of it being only $20 too; what a steal!).

Order: 481960151594
“Report it to us” link: https://notificationcenter.co/route.php?k=c3fc3b1605c9141cea446709496db3ce06721e4a
Sent from email: From the same domain, [email protected] (have fun with signing them up for all kinds of degeneracy online).

1 Like

You can report the link of the site where you made the purchase?

1 Like

it’s only a phishing awareness campaign…?

1 Like

Seems that way and this one looks like it was sent to employees of “BatteriesPlus”. If they clicked the ‘report to us’ link, they failed.

Good to know some companies are teaching their employees about phishing.

2 Likes

That’s good. My friend who works with them sent me this thinking it was pure spam as opposed to some Phishing training/awareness campaign. Considering I don’t like clicking links unless I’m in a virtual machine, isn’t there some kind of link scanner like there is for Virus Total or Hybrid Analysis has for files? I recall there being one, but it slips my mind what it was called.

1 Like

This link is a phishing safety test, and is not malicious., I have modified the name with the appropriate information

2 Likes
1 Like