Phone number

do you guys use your real phone number to prank these scammers or do you use a app that pops up as a different app if so what app do you use?

If you are very sure, the # belongs to a scammer, you can use TexNow to dial or dial via bobrtc.tel

Make sure the number is not spoofed.

I use Skype, but generally Google Talk is a better option, Talkatone is also good, but for my country is restricted.

Google talk is only good for US citizens unless you use a VPN etc. I find text now very unreliable especially when using it through my iPhone, the desktop version is unreliable. I have called myself and watched it ring out without a beep to alert me. I call lots of SSA numbers but I can never get through. But they must collect the missed call data because occasionally i get them calling me, I use skype for US and International calls (I am Australian) but the caller ID is my (US) textnow number , Unfortunately, the textnow service just sends them to voicemail.

Skype costs money, about 8 bucks AUD for US unlimited, even more, if I have a return phone number.

Google talk is only good for US citizens unless you use a VPN etc. I find text now very unreliable especially when using it through my iPhone, the desktop version is unreliable. I have called myself and watched it ring out without a beep to alert me. I call lots of SSA numbers but I can never get through. But they must collect the missed call data because occasionally I get them calling me, I use skype for the US and International calls (I am Australian) but the caller ID is my (US) textnow number, Unfortunately, the textnow service just sends them to voicemail.

Skype costs money, about 8 bucks AUD for US unlimited, even more, if I have a return phone number.