PayPal scammer sending invoices through PayPal +44 (0) 1135269967

Scam Number: +44 (0) 1135269967
Scammer’s Website or Email:
Additional information about this scam: Active now, Peter answered my call. Asked if I have a laptop or a phone, asked what phone I had (iPhone) and then said I would receive a confirmation email of the cancellation soon and then hung up. Guess he figured I wasn’t worth his time.

1 Like

Well, that was fun ! They cut off pretty fast if they think it’s a dud. Though, a couple of calls went on for some time. Last call, I gave my “work email” which was: [email protected] -

How idiotic of them to be sending out emails in DOLLARS with an obvious UK phone code number.

https://www.sis.gov.uk/

1 Like

Thanks ! This is a UK number and the 0113 is number in a large northern England city called Leeds.

There is a website in the UK called: scam-numbers.co.uk - you can only access it inside the UK though, I think that is done to maybe stop scammers seeing it (?) unless you have a VPN, there is a wealth of numbers. Sadly, half of them go through to private numbers, as the scammers use them for a few days, then drop them. Some of the poor guys I called are also old and one guy said he had 40 calls in one day from people returning calls to the number. Mad !

Thanks for this UK number, my territory !

2 Likes

Hilarious! yeah the guy stayed pretty professional but obviously thought I wasn’t going to fall for it :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah dollars for a English number is a good one.

Thanks for the link to scam-numbers. Sounds like number spoofing on a few of those, it would be crazy and unlucky to happen to you - yet to happen to me! Thankfully I receive very few spam calls/texts on my real mobile.

2 Likes

Half of the ones I call on scam-numbers.co.uk are already numbers that have been taken down but many of them are good. Once I found a number that ended in 9091 ( or something ) and just by adding 2,3,4,5 at the end ( 9092, 9093 etc ) it kept going through to the same place ! For three days, until they took the number(s) down.