Pay Pal Fraudster

Scam Number: 603-563-0688 (Callback number is 805-510-7110)
Domain Used:
Extra Info: Ref no AA213 your Paypal BTC 0.000119 had been confirmed of 409.98 will be deducted from your card. Not you Tollfree +16035630688 - No reply

Great grammar! And the guy who called me back could barely speak English.

6 Likes

603-563-0688 … I called and a guy answered as PayPal. I had to ask him twice for his name as it was hard to understand him. Finally I understood that he is “John William” as he spelled it for me (no, not John Williams but rather John William). It was loud in the background for the 45 seconds we were speaking (I gave the dollar amount and Ref No and said I did not make it, so do not deduct from my card). Then he said he had to put me on hold, but for about a minute and a half of NOT being on “silent hold” I could hear him and some other guy speaking a foreign language. Then John William said, “Hello, are you there?” I said, “Yes, can you hear me?” Then I was actually put on “silent” hold and after another couple of minutes of being on silent hold my TextNow call started repeatedly reconnecting.

Haha, these guys seem to be freshers. They seem to be newbies.

I will call back again. I wanted to play along for a while to see where the call goes.

3 Likes

Is that you using “voice to text” again MJ… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Had some fun with this one. I agree with @Hviezdoslav, this is definitely a relatively new scammer. Very inconsistent mutes/“holds.” After the call went south, he “put me on hold” and listened while I typed out and narrated the email I was sending to Level 3/CenturyLink, detailing their particular scam. He then hung up on me when I asked him if he had anything to add to the email.

3 Likes

Main number: “John William” / whoever else not answering on first time round. Seems to ring endlessly, no vm set up?
Callback: Answering but no one talking on first time round. Called back, it rung until I got to the TEXTNOW voicemail.

2 Likes

We have progress on the main 603 number!

1 Like

Actually? Not!

1 Like

Ha! Priceless. Freakin’ hilarious. Did he have anything to add to the email!

1 Like

He did not. He sat there, muted, while I narrated the email. The only response I got was an immediate hangup when I read the finished product and asked if he wanted me to add anything lol. He was done when he realized I was serious and not just trying to scare him.

1 Like

Please watch this significant video related to the Kolkata PayPal scammers.