Page Unresponsive

Does anyone else find that the webpages on this site keep freezing, with a ‘Page unresponsive’ error message? It seems to happen to me a lot. I’m using Chrome.

2 Likes

You are not alone. Happens to me as well. I’ve tried cleaning cache and cookies, even flushed DNS, didn’t really help. This started last week for me. Normally I’m on Chrome, but it happens on Edge as well.

Dextop, laptop, it fails on each and everything. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m on Chrome and have a lot pages open and not a problem for me…have you tried downloading more ram

3 Likes

I haven’t had any page freezes, but I have noticed a new “loading” image that seems to take a bit longer than it used to and this started about a week ago.

and I get this circle thing too.
circle

3 Likes

Lol, good idea, I’ll definitely try downloading more RAM. Also, I did notice there are a lot of errors in my event viewer and netstat show lots of hackers on my computer - maybe that’s it.

5 Likes

Ive gotten a few hosting bug errors at times. I wait a few minutes and the site comes back to life.

1 Like

Generally I run again from a new tab and have better luck

2 Likes

GoogleConsoleErrors
These turds showed up the last time it froze for me.

If you have ad blockers on, try turning them off to see if it makes a difference.

1 Like

drwat, that’s pretty much all that I could do to.

2 Likes

I also noticed lots of “Foreign Address” IPs. Those are hackers on my system, right?

On a serious note, I hope the Webmeisters can take a look at this issue. It started duringthe last week of July.

2 Likes

Nah, got no ad-blockers on

Firefox does not seem to be affected, so it’s likely related to the Chrome Web Engine.

2 Likes

For me, it freezes on Chrome, Firefox and Edge.
I have a feeling it may just be happening when I’m using my vpn (Nordvpn). I’m testing this theory atm.

2 Likes

It seems like it is my vpn that’s causing the problem. I haven’t had any issues since I turned it off.

2 Likes

I’m on NordVPN as well, currently connected to United States #8995. It has been stable the last few hours on Firefox. Just letting you know, I don’t have VPN on another PC, my laptop, and it did freeze a lot using Chrome and Edge. I hope someone is looking into this. It’s very annoying.

1 Like

Adblock should fix it, if its related to Google Ads.

1 Like

I was using Nordvpn all morning on the same Nord server with not a single issue, then I switched to a different Nord server and it started freezing again. I’m testing Adblock to see if it makes a difference.

1 Like