Online Support (via desktophelp.us URL without any www)

Scammer’s Number: (844) 229-8279
Domains Used:
Extra Info: Today, Thursday, 24-Jun-2021, I got 4 missed calls from the same phone number ‪(844) 229-8279‬ exactly 1 minute apart but no message or messages were left on my home VOIP message machine of my provider.

So I called the 844-229-8279 back. A man with what sounded like a very slight foreign accent answered as “Online Support” and he said that his name is “Mark” supposedly. He said they must have been contacted by me for support with my computer. I said that very recently my computer HAS been running very slowly, much more slowly than usual, and also my computer is just acting weirdly. I told him my Windows operating system does not need updates as I checked. He asked what version of Windows I have and I answered 8.1 version. I said that maybe I have a virus or something because my operating system does not need any updates and something is wrong.

He said to go to the URL “desktophelp.us” WITHOUT typing the “www” and I entered “desktophelp.us” into the address bar of Chrome browser. The URL resolves to https://desktophelp.us/ and I went to the web page where I enter a code to “join with a code” but after I got to the web page of desktophelp.us I lied to him and said that the old woman who is my neighbor is knowing at my door and that I will call him back. I did NOT tell him that I am going to post his phone number for fellow scam baiters and scam harassers to call their phone number 844 229 8279 since I do not want to spoil the fun of you fine folks!

It is rare anymore for my VOIP phone number to get SCAM phone calls that are not spoofed with the same area code and with the first 3 digits of my 7-digit phone number. I called back as I outlined above to be sure that (844) 229-8279 is NOT a spoofed phone number.

2 Likes

Currently Mark is impersonating Robinhood

1 Like