Omega Auto Services

Has anyone had any interaction with this company? Received a call today from someone and when I answered it and heard it was an auto warranty call remembered this video that I’d seen of a guy making 750$ off of robocalls on reddit.

So I act interested and give my make and model and the guy says hold up. And transfers me to another guy. This being my first time and all, I may have gone in a little overzealous, but I just asked him his name, and then I asked what the company name was.

He said Omega Auto Services and gave me his name and when I asked where they were based out of, he hung up.

So I googled the name and found the company and called them up and explained how they broke the TCPA and gave them the date and time of the call, and the agents name. I pretty much acted like I've done this a million times and said that they were liable for up to 1500$ per call.

Since they only called once I would take a settlement of 750$ instead of pursuing litigation of the full 1500$. The woman sounded very concerned which i was not expecting, and tried to get someone higher up free.

She then explained that there is another company with a similar name that cold calls with a similar name. But it wasn't the same one.

She then took my information and said someone would call me back soon.

This is also how I discovered this place. So let me know if you've heard of these guys.

Lots of complaints about them robocalling: https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/jacksonville/profile/auto-warranty-plans/omega-auto-care-0403-235965926/complaints

They are definitely breaking the TCPA law. What is their phone number that called you?

I’m currently pursuing them right now. I’ve recorded three calls with them, and I’m currently trying to get my money via calls and email. I plan on mailing after I can get a confirmed address. I’ve baited all the way down to their final billing team by providing a frozen debit card number. They are affiliated with “Mechanics Choice”, “Vehicle Services Department” and use PayLink as a payment processor. I’ve spoken with “Melissa”, “Amy”, “Greg” and “Joe Wright”. They call from (203)632-9149, which is a localized phone number to get me to answer since I’m not located too far from that area code. I’ve discovered they are registered in Florida but have not yet found any contact methods for higher-ups in the organization. Please share what you know about this company with me. Whenever I explain that they broke the law over the phone, they just hang up. They are pretty fast to hang up whenever you probe. They are using a call center somewhere in an Asian country as the first person you speak with has lots of background noise and chatter alongside a strong accent.

Update: I’m currently using the BBB as a trusted messaging platform between me and the company. I filed my initial complaint and this is their response: “Good Afternoon,

Since we are a product administrator, we do not call, or solicit anyone, as we do not sell policies direct to consumer. We also do not provide leads in any way. Please reach out to the company that called you directly,

Sincerely, Omega Auto Care”. I replied to them with a recording of them on the phone saying that they are Omega Auto Care and that’s their website. Super lol for that one! Waiting on a reply.