Number that keeps calling me 847 495-2896

Really odd, this number kept calling and not leaving a message on one of my numbers. Then two of my numbers, now 12 of my numbers, repeatedly. This person keeps calling and hangs up when I answer or doesn’t leave a message. The only time I heard them speak was when they said something with “F you scambating… something people”
It was difficult to hear. I’m not posting this as a scammer, but a general discussion.

3 Likes

Looks like they know all your burner numbers. Guess you have to change them now.

2 Likes

Really odd

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s really odd that they found just about all my numbers. There was a guy who was a member here at one time who posted supposed scammers phone numbers and they were actually his. He gathered people’s number and flooded us.
If you respond, he would spoof YOUR number and harass other people with it. It was a mess…

2 Likes

I often have used this tactic for calling scammers. I’ll set the caller ID to another scammers number, or in my call flooder. I figure, point them at one another. It’s a good tactic, but sucks to hear that it was used against this community this way :frowning:

5 Likes

4 Likes

Thanks, now that I can’t use Scammer Blasters servers anymore, I haven’t been able to find a reliable source to find carriers anymore.

2 Likes

I blocked them and they’re now callflooding my numbers from (601) XXX-9088 & (601) XXX-1142 is anyone else getting calls from them?
If they’re reading this thread, I’m definitely not the guy you want to have an issue with. FAAFO

6 Likes

freecarrierlookup.com and others are able to find the resellers of the number even better than ScammerBlaster could

3 Likes

All my VoIP numbers are dead (various issues), so I haven’t been receiving the same calls.

Advice: let it go to voicemail. Don’t pick up any harassing calls. You can recover voicemails much more easily than you can calls that you picked up.

2 Likes

I miss having to just be able to click and report a number, but I’ve been using that site recently.
I feel honored at the fact that this person has the time to go after me and find me worthy of such effort and dedication. When scammers (I’m assuming) feel the need to attack the VoIP numbers I use to flood them, I consider it a badge of honor :medal_military:
I’m just glad they aren’t going after others on the forum.

4 Likes

Associated Facebook Account - Wisdom Hancock | Facebook

Associated Storefront - WISDOM HANCOCK’s Avon Online Store

2 Likes

2 Likes

This is the same guy who was harassing members here a while back. Oddly, I found this thread about the Verizon number and who someone said it belongs to:

LoL.
If I remember correctly, this guy goes after scam baters, I believe he used the name “lone wolf” at one time, but I have to check

1 Like

Seems to be spoofed, I’d suggest removing (601) 808-9088 however 1142 is Google Voice.

https://www.numlookup.com/ is a good reverse carrier lookup.

3 Likes

True! Being harassed by a scammer prevents them from bothering victims as well.

3 Likes

Yeah, I found that too and already remove the number. This is the same number that someone who was on this forum was spoofing. It’s interesting, because when I called that number back, all they have on their voicemail is a rather odd moaning sound. (Similar to what is on the voicemail of the other numbers)
I’m going to have to check my old file on this. I’m pretty sure we figured out who it is.

2 Likes

That’s a good site.

3 Likes

Yeah, thanks

1 Like

I am honestly not too happy that Inteliquent and such don’t ever manage to forward our reports, but until we can find out how to make them do so, we need to also work on trying to find other means to identify whoever resells the number.

3 Likes