"Norton Support"

Scam Number: 888-432-0173
Scammer’s Website or Email: [email protected]
Additional information about this scam: these guys are telling me my Norton subscription is up for renewal. They want me to goo to a website to cancel it. The “support agent” lost his cool quickly so they should be a lot of fun to mess with!

800TollFreeNow, baiting with virtual machine.

i’m connected as well. how do i get the ip.

HIGHLIGHTS FROM VIRTUAL MACHINE BAIT:

• The scammer will claim your Norton subscription was auto-renewed.
  • In order to “cancel,” you must throw your computer in the dumpster.
2 Likes

Set up a grabify link somewhere on the vm. Disguise it as something. Ive never done it. This is a guess

2 Likes

Sounds interesting! What’s a grabify link? I just irritate scammers like this until they block me, but I’m interested in learning how to really cause some damage

You got connected? Do you use a computer you can loose for this? I’ve wondered what happens when they connect to your computer and what to do from there. I just irritate them until they block me

So you were able to contact them? They didn’t answer when I tried to call back

That wouldn’t work unless if you reversed the connection, as the scammer will remotely connect to your device on your network and on your IP address.

1 Like

Here is an easier way to grab their IP address when they remote into your computer. Note - This will only work with connections that are peer to peer and not when routed through a proxy server (screenconnect, Ultraviewer, TeamViewer). Its a light weight app that grabs all IP address an writes them to a text file. Will list the App name for easier filtering.

1 Like

Ok thank you for that. Makes sense now that i hear it. Like i say i have no idea lol