New User - Hi

Hi all, I hope this is allowed… I am new and will be spending my first few visits just having a look around the site. But I wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get to know you all.

I am new to all of this, and have been inspired to join this community from watching scambaiting and also from my career in the real world.

I already have a VPN, and will be looking shortly into setting up a VM.

Any tips you can give to a newbie will be greatly welcomed TIA.

3 Likes

Welcome😊.

1 Like

Welcome, Jayne! One suggestion is not to use your real voip or cell phone number. Use a TextNow number on your cell phone for example, or a Google Voice voip phone number that you can hide so that when you call it shows only “unknown number” on their caller id. The scammer can be spiteful and post your real phone number and claim YOU are a scammer and as a result you will be bombarded with phone calls.

Jayne, I was thinking of downloading VMWARE virtual machine on an old laptop that works still but that I do not use anymore. Do I need VPN necessarily or can I just download on that old laptop the VMWARE?

I know that I’ll need to research how to hide in the VMWARE that it is a virtual machine in the task manager and registry so that they do not know that they are on a virtual machine.

1 Like

Thank you for your advice. I will take a look into TextNow!

In relation to VMWARE my knowledge isn’t that advanced yet so wouldn’t want to give the wrong advice. However, I would have thought using VPN would be best, my opinion is that it would provide an extra level security - you can never say 100% that your IP would be hidden but a VPN would provide more security (privacy) then not having one. I currently am using Windscribe, you can have 10GB for free but if you pay a small monthly fee, you can have unlimited. I’m UK based but the VPN states I am in Germany (only chose Germany as its my favourite country). Hope that helps somewhat, thanks.

1 Like

And 2nd line too thats a good phone app :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you @Draco for your advice, appreciate it.

1 Like

About VM for scambaiting. There is a YT video by well known and respected Jim Browning.
Also never use your real phone. Use TextNow or BobRTC and other dialers

1 Like

sambaiting?!

1 Like

My apology for typo.

1 Like

no problem i was just joking withyou ahaha

1 Like

Welcome to the community, mate! I recommend downloading some burner-phone software on your computer to make calls, that way if you scambait they won’t have your real number to spam on.

1 Like

Welcome

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply guys, its been busy at work. Thank you all very much for the above advice, really appreciate it. I have watched Jim Browning videos and they are amazing! Would like to see more women taking part in scambaiting, but either way it will be fun wasting these scums time. Thanks again.