Need a little help

I got a text message from this person on my real phone. I lied to it about my real name, but it sent me this pic. Can anyone tell me if this is a stock photo? I’m positive it’s a scammer.

4 Likes

I do not know how to know if a photo is a stock photo, @Tillianne.
Sorry!
I do not have and have never had any social media accounts. I know, I am old school. Who nowadays does not have any social media account? Ummm … admittedly me.

Is it from someone who wants to date or hookup? Is this person maybe a gold digger?

2 Likes

I’m not sure what the angle is with this one. It sent me a text, and I said wrong number. However, it continues to engage me, like a scammer would.

2 Likes

You can start flirtin’ with the person! Maybe text that you need some help with buying some groceries!

Oh wait, this is your real phone number. Bummer!
If you were texting from your TextNow number it would be better.

You could send a text msg from YOUR TextNow number with some free photo from the internet and start messin’ with the person just like the person started texting your real phone number! :crazy_face:

Or if you want, send me a direct chat in this website and give me the phone number that texted you and I will text it from my TextNow number!

Whether or not it is a true attempt to defraud someone, it sure is weird from my personal perspective to text a complete stranger, let alone text a photo that is purportedly from the person who is texting you. Maybe the younger folks nowadays are more likely to do it though.

3 Likes

Interestingly, it told me to download Telegram because it was easier for them, so we aren’t in texts on my real phone number anymore. That also has me suspicious. Also asking if I live alone. I’ve really been blowing it off most of the time it sends me a message.

2 Likes

I had to look up on Google the Telegram you mentioned that the person told you to download. It is a messaging app.

My first thought was a telegram like the ol’ Western Union telegrams that you could send to a store. I am old! :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

I didn’t know about all these messaging apps until I started scam baiting.

1 Like

seems like a “pig butchering” scam to me, mind sharing the number in my dms please ?

3 Likes

Just sent you a DM.

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning that phrase, @mrwn. I learned somethin’ new!

I did not think that you meant a butcher who butchers pigs. So I looked it up on Google.

What is pig butchering in dating?

“The victims in Pig Butchering schemes are referred to as ‘pigs’ by the scammers because the scammers will use elaborate storylines to ‘fatten up’ victims into believing they are in a romantic or otherwise close personal relationship,” officials said in an affidavit in support of a Los Angeles pig butchering case.Jul 2, 2023

Damn I am old.

2 Likes

Thank you for that explanation!

2 Likes

searching now

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Not exact facial match but this is a copy of Vintage dress available from Ali Express China for $66

2 Likes

She does look Asian.

2 Likes

For sure Asian looks

2 Likes

I wish there were a way I could expose this scammer.

1 Like

@mrwn

Here is a copy of the original text.

3 Likes

Could it be an AI? You should’ve said, “I’m from Mars, sir”, just to see how it would reply.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s a real person.

1 Like