National Tax Service

Scam Number: (501) 299-1749
Domain Used: (N/A)
Extra Info: Hot number, missed call on my TextNow. Ask for Margie, let her know “Jacob Rogers” says hi!

Carrier Alert! @scamterminator2021

Happy scambaiting friends! :slight_smile:
@MajorLeeAwesome @Tagow @drwat @ReconScammers @thenitz @sandbar (posted to BOBRTC.TEL, please approve!) @JusticeinTexas

2 Likes

These tax relief numbers are a bit tricky. One company does the initial interview, then transfers the caller to another company, the selection of which depends on the individual qualifications of the caller. In this case, both of these are US companies. Do you have robocall proof?

1 Like

May just be a telemarketer honestly. honesttax.com is the website and the direct line is 8185383575 could be scam but I was unable to see any of the hallmarks

2 Likes

I used my Paula voice when I was 1st talking to her didn’t want nothing to do with me after I passed that message so I just tricked her using my normal voice saying that my grandmother wanted to talk to her (paula). That sigh when she realized it was me again. She pissed now​:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I passed the message for you. She claimed she didn’t know who that was. But yet she keeps hanging up on me and doesn’t want to have nothing to do with me🤣

1 Like

I can INSTANTLY reject that claim! Received a call days ago whilst I was outside, they claimed that’s who they were and claimed I was on that fake program list for tax support or whatever. Signal was weak at the time, so we left it until yesterday (Monday 20th) - “Margie” said she’d call back! That’s the callback number. Definitely the typical fake tax support scamming BUNCH.

See above comment - Not robocall or anything. My own generic post on this number, I didn’t find info online about this and then just re posted it here. Days ago, received call from different number. Typical opening script, they claim who they are with, give their fake names and then explain how allegedly I’m possibly on that stupid fake tax support program list for eligibility or whatever the fuck. At the time, as I had stated - my signal was weak, I was outside in a poor 4G area. “Margie” - when I connected with her, said she’d call me back Monday (20th: Yesterday). Definitely the typical fake tax support scamming BUNCH. This is the call back number, it’s not spoofed either. When I call back, I got her. And yes, they do the initial interview then transfer - Last time at least with the other number. I’ve been getting hit with a ton of those fake lot LATELY.

They obviously don’t understand - They’re calling a VoIP number, someone who isn’t truly American - They can’t seem to provide evidence on how they got the number, is there any proof the caller is actually old enough (fuck knows, they could be even calling younger bunch realizing their mistake), where they are located and where the caller is probably located, any proof I could be possibly eligible for this program. They seem to take any info, without using any method to try to verify that. ETC ETC ETC

I’m 1,000,000,000% sure, scam! So far, nothing says otherwise - unless you can say for sure. They don’t leave any text message or voicemail either!

They’ve never identified themselves at all as “Honest Tax”. (Nor have I personally heard of them, must be an american company LOL.)

They just called me now, twice! Missed calls, as textnow doesn’t ring properly weirdly for me.
When calling back, old lady (not Margie) - opened her script thanking me for calling her back and explaining why she called, who she claims to be and how apparently I may be eligible for this non-existent program and she just wanted to check that I “still” am dealing with federal/state taxes. Although I dealt with her prior sooooo!?!? Furthermore confirms it’s a scam! No?

Fyi, yesterday I couldn’t be bothered to stop and waste time yesterday as I was a little busy when they called. I pretended I’d suddenly gone bankrupt actually and Margie then claimed I needed to clear my bankruptcy first before calling back before she can offer me a free bs consultation… So what the fuck?? 10000000000000000000% scam.

They are active now, if your still SOMEHOW unsure then I dunno what to say. Feel free to continue to fish the number I guess ppl?

1 Like

On the 2nd time of calling, it sounded like “Margie” just answered and she instantly recognized my number as she called out and said “(something inaudible? I think 'Hello, is that you?) Jacob?”.

@sandbar ?

I wrote a note for you on the number on Bobrtc. You should have a notification there. I called several times – got both Margie and Debra. With US companies like this - being legal entities - robocall proof is going to be required in order for the number to be added to the phonebook on Bobrtc.

1 Like

The process you are describing here, and what I gathered when I called, is standard operating procedure for companies that offer tax settlement / debt relief. It’s perfectly legal for them to charge a fee or a percentage and, yes, you cannot be in bankruptcy. If it was a scam, they wouldn’t care about any of that, they would just scam you.

1 Like

They call, when I call back they claim apparently I’m been struggling with state tax debt (or federal or whatever they called it) and they’re here to offer support or something? Yet, they take any info I give them without verifying properly? It’s a VOIP number they are calling for christ sakes and they don’t seem to show any proof that they are legit, or that I’m actually who they’re calling for or anything? They just call and claim this bs. Personally, I’m absolutely sure it’s a scam - But you’ve got a lot more… expertise, so it’s down to you I guess my friend.

Excuse me too, as I’m not American (if you didn’t already know), so I’m rather unaware of how the tax side of things works down there.

1 Like

:100: I truly hear and appreciate all you are saying. With all due respect to you, my friend, I’m not declaring 100% if it’s a scam or not. For me, there’s really no way I know for sure until going through their entire process to see if they steal your money or steal your identity - or they don’t. What I’m saying is that when it comes to a legal US business, real US employees, a real IRS tax program, without definitive proof that it’s a scam, I’m going to err on the side of caution and say there needs to be illegal robocall evidence in order to include their number in the Bobrtc phone book where people can call/abuse using someone else’s phone number and :heavy_dollar_sign:. I’m not really debating scam/no-scam. You asked me if the number could be added to Bobrtc, and I said with robocall proof, YES. I’m available to comment back and forth on this topic in the comment area of the number you submitted to Bobrtc, or in bobrtc chat.

Keep fighting scammers!!! :grinning:

1 Like

Of course my friend! Understandable. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just fished this though! Everyone else, particularly on reddit seems to confirm my suspicions. If you want, feel free to take a look! Seems like it’s a fairly well known number and posted alot before. @sandbar

https://www.reddit.com/r/ScamNumbers/comments/vhk0pb/5012991749_tax_debt/
https://www.reddit.com/user/Fearless_Ad8099/comments/vgvjqf/5012991749_tax_scam/