Microsoft Unusual Activity Warning Legit?

Apparently this is nlegit, buot t to make sure I thought I’d post it here for discussion. It showed up in my spam folder.

From Microsoft forum: Redirecting Discussion revolves around the unusual reply and code.

Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity

This message was sent with High importance.

Flag for follow up.

This message was sent with High importance. Flag for follow up.

Microsoft account team [email protected]

[image]

Microsoft account
Unusual sign-in activity
We detected something unusual about a recent sign-in to the Microsoft account [email protected].
Sign-in details
Country/region: Russia/Moscow
IP address: 103.225.77.255
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 07:14:04 +0000
Platform: Windows 10
Browser: Firefox
A user from Russia/Moscow just logged into your account from a new device, If this wasn’t you, please report the user. If this was you, we’ll trust similar activity in the future.
[Report The User](mailto:[email protected]?&[email protected]&subject=unusual sign-in activity&body=Report The User)
To opt out or change where you receive security notifications, click here.
Thanks,
The Microsoft account team

This exact same thing is sent to a lot of people
exactly the same details every time with a date and time change difference
They’re garbage phishing emails from scammers who would be hoping for a reply, then I’d say there would be a password change involved for them to get the details
The reply to email address (same as the opt out link) is a big red flag

This is the Microsoft community discussion regarding the endless instances of the exact same details of login attempts
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/i-keep-getting-emails-that-say-unusual-sign-in/587fad7b-5394-406f-8dbd-61b83df35dfc

1 Like