Medguard Alert, Inc., TCPA-violating medical alert scammers SUED by the FTC & State of Florida

Scam Number: 888-356-0060
Scammer’s Website or Email:
Additional information about this scam: media alert button scam. This call center has been called one of my lines for weeks pretending to be Medicare, security camera service, and Now currently claim to be med alert button. They have been calling my line with a spoofed bot call and when I try the numbers back they are dead or spoofed. Last time I called it they’ve said they are in NJ then las Vegas Florida Texas… I don’t believe they are in any of these areas for sure . They go right for the victims bank or credit card info and name as fast as they can also.
Please be sure to write out important info so that our content is accessible to screen readers!

2 Likes

Carrier: Bandwidth.com
Answers as: Support First
Call Center Location: Presumed overseas

The call was made on behalf of MedGuard Alert, Inc., a fraudulent medical technology manufacturer located at 1125 Middle St, Middletown, CT 06457.

User complaints on their Facebook account and their Google and BBB listings indicate patterns of fraudulent activity, such as:

• Refusing to cancel subscriptions belonging to deceased relatives.
  • Refusing to cancel subscriptions, even if their customers followed all the instructions to cancel.
  • Charging customers out-of-pocket despite their television ads claiming the products could be covered by Medicaid.
  • Repeatedly making soliciting cold calls in violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and refusing to maintain an internal do-not-call list.

The company was also sued by the United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the State of Florida on June 24, 2019 for violations of the FTC Act, Telemarketing and Consumer Fraud and Abuse Prevention Act and Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act (FDUTPA) alongside

• Lifewatch, Inc. (DBA “Lifewatch USA” and “Medical Alert Systems”), which was permanently banned from telemarketing and ordered to pay $25,266,886.
  • Safe Home Security, Inc., which was ordered to pay $8,943,416.
  • David Roman, the chairman of LifeWatch, MedGuard and Safe Home Security, Inc. who was ordered to pay $8,943,416.
  • Lifewatch President Evan Sirlin, who was ordered to pay $25,266,886.
  • Lifewatch Vice President Mitchel May, who was ordered to pay $8,943,416.

MedGuard was ordered to pay $8,943,416 in monetary judgement as a result.

Associated Facebook Account - Redirecting...

Associated LinkedIn Accounts:

Associated Phone Number - (800) 716-1433 (Dialpad)

Associated Email Address - [email protected]

4 Likes

Nice work

2 Likes

The scammers just called my PBX line using a spoofed similar number to try and sell me a medical alert device. The call was made by “Alex Morgan from the National Health and Safety Alert Program,” though my call was transferred to “Dale” with MedGuard Alert.

4 Likes

Must have changed it up again I’ve had Alex on several types of med scams over the past Month or so

2 Likes

The scammers just sent two spoofed calls to my PBX line simultaneously, “Carlos” answered as “Medical Alert.”

3 Likes

Scammers just called me as I was dealing with an SSA chode.

2 Likes