McAfee fake purchase scam email

Scam Number: +1 810 373 2942
Scammer’s Website or Email:
Additional information about this scam: It’s an email that says purchase confirmation has has a PDF attached with a number to call for “cancellation requests”. Looks like it was sent from a hacked or a throw-away email.

1 Like

Carrier: Bandwidth.com via Skype

“Alex” answered as the “McAfee Cancellation Dept.” and wanted me to “cancel” by “opening the Google Chrome” and downloading ConnectWise from kphelp.live (Code: 43082/92155, IP: 79.124.60.189 :bulgaria:). Unfortunately, he was too deaf to provide “suppoat.”

• I called back, and “Steve Parker (1097-McAfee)” falsely claimed the purchase was made from Mountain View, California before proceeding with the ConnectWise download. As the download wasn’t working, I was instead asked to download AweSun (ID: PAYPAL).
  • Once remotely connected to my virtual machine, “Steve” asked me to fill out a “cancellation and refund form,” which falsely claims to be “Windows Defender” and “affiliated with the Better Business Bureau.
  • Once the form was completed, I was asked to log into my nonexistent bank account. But as I don’t do online banking, my call was transferred to his “senior refund manager, Kevin Harper,” who asked me to purchase a $500 Apple gift card for a direct transfer.
  • Once I “purchased” the Apple gift card, I was then asked to provide the gift card code I provided through SMS. My PBX is not set up for text messaging, so I was instead asked to throw my computer out the window.
1 Like

More Kolkata Chodes!
IP Details…

Country India
Region West Bengal
City Kolkata
ZIP 700028
Timezone Asia/Kolkata
Internet Service Provider (ISP) Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited
Organization JIO FTTX SUBSCRIBER
AS number and name AS55836 Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited
callback number