Marriott Rewards Scam(?)

Scam Number: 775-558-1557 and 775-558-1600
Scammer’s Website or Email:
Additional information about this scam: I got a call yesterday from the first number and today from the second number and I called back and they were telling me about Marriott Rewards (I’m not a member and have never stayed at one) and how I won a trip to Vegas in the next 3 years.

1 Like

I’ve called back and I’ve gotten different people and they say something about my file and ask if I want to go to Vegas in the next few years. One said something about my file needing to confirm information before hanging up and the other one I just straight up asked for them to remove my number. They said something about me filling out a travel campaign in the past (which if I did it was under fake info for a cruise scam many months ago, otherwise they were lying)

The fact that I’ve spoken to 3 or 4 different people in the past 30 minutes with 2 different valid call back numbers makes me think that this is a really big operation.

1 Like

I ran them through the whole scam, up until they were trying to take my credit card number.
They told me that the charge on my card would be for “JS Marketing”
Have a look here:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/js-marketing-las-vegas

They cussed me out during the reveal. I then called them back immediately and ended up talking to a “manager”. I accused him of running a scam for JS Marketing and he denied it.

That in itself is fraud. They never revealed the name of their company. And by the way, when you call these numbers, it is perceived as an outgoing call from their call center.