Is this a phishing website?

I have been looking for alternative websites to G2A and Kinguin because I have had bad experiences in the past with them. While browsing for alternatives I came across this website that was linked to me called videogamemarket.com However, the website has a countdown page with a timer and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this website? I couldn’t find much of anything other than that its owned by a company called VENSUS LLC as listed in the about page and they are located in Ohio.

1 Like

LIKELY: SCAM

A simple google search revealed this company does not exist where it claims to be Headquartered. To back up this finding, I used Bizapedia.com (CLICK ME = "Company Search Subscription Service) which revealed there was only 3 companies on record and they are located in the following cities/states → Gahanna OH, Houston TX, Islip NY, and San Fernando CA. Additionally, a quick search on the BBB (“Better Business Bureau” bbb.org) site came up with nothing either. Immediate red flag - could also be simply a typo on their site, keeping that in mind and not jumping straight to conclusions although the likelihood is severely low. Yet, they do not actually confirm the supposed headquarters address on the site outright.

A who.is check showed the domain is registered with Metaregistrar BV (“https://www.metaregistrar.com”) and was done so on the 16th of June 2024, having been last ‘updated’ at the time of this writing on the 17th of September 2024. It is due to expire on 16th of June 2026 at this time. The name servers in the meanwhile verify the site is Cloudflare protected too!

VGM does not have a ‘Contact Us’ option yet on the page.

Furthermore, it’s server is allegedly located in (UA) UKRAINE under Hostinger International Limited’s ASN (AS47583) after url checks with various available tools and solely hosted on 92.112.189.65, although two other sites conflict this and simply say Hostinger Boston.

Curious to know why it’s taking them so long to be ‘ready’ and on top of that, I can’t find any connected social media profiles, in particular for active promotions etc!

Quite dodgy. @OfclyGoodenough My good friend, can you weigh in here?

1 Like