Is it normal for most to hang up soon after the call starts?

I’m very new to this all; and I’ve tried calling a few numbers from this site with my Google voice number, but out of the 4 or so that have actually picked up and said anything 3 of them have hung up soon after I started talking. It wasn’t anything outrageous either, it was the standard greeting and asking if they’re the (insert whatever company they’re pretending to be) support line.

I assume it’s because they’re suspicious after receiving scambaiting calls from others on here, but I was also wondering if my voice could have anything to do with it, as it’s unusually deep and I guess some of them could think it’s some kind of voice changer.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Most of the time baiters are blowing up there phones, plus it’s almost morning for them. I call all the numbers when there posted, then I re-call later in the evening. Don’t let that discourage you. If you need any help PM and I’ll do what I can, if not I’ll send you to the appropriate user.

5 Likes

I appreciate it, and I’ll keep that in mind, thanks

2 Likes

Your welcome.

2 Likes

It’s as variable as the weather
some call centres come pre triggered and will abused the living shit out of you before you utter a word, while some are slightly more professional sounding criminal scumbags.

Don’t be dissuaded by their pathetic phone etiquette or gutter talk.
You will come across every single scenario from sedate & sublime, to absolutely stupid.
I’ve heard it all but I’ve also made in excess of 5 million calls over the years now.
At 30,000 approximately every day nothing surprises me at all nowadays

6 Likes

:joy::joy:phones got blown up! Haha

1 Like

I very much don’t sound like a kid; I just worry they think I might be someone trying to hide my voice.

1 Like