IRS scam number cold calling and leaving ominous voicemails

Scam Number: 520-346-9204
Domain Used:
Extra Info:

1 Like

Welcome to the Community!

Could you post exactly what the voicemail said or get a copy of the recording? It is helpful to know what they “pitched” or any identifying reference numbers they used.
Was this the number they called from or is it the call back number. It is important to find out if it is a scammer’s number or a spoof victim’s number.

something along the lines of “we are calling to inform them now” and then it cut. strangely enough, that phone just got another cold call from a different number that left the exact same voicemail. (659-212-9013).

Both numbers are on Nomorobo’s website, but nothing that indicated they are IRS scams.

What did you get that made you think it was an IRS scam call? These appear to be spoofed numbers so far and nothing that would indicate them as a scammer.

After searching a little, it seems to be a prank call that has been circulating from various numbers. Nobody seems to know what it is really for, some think it is to call back out of curiosity, but with so many numbers used, I believe they are spoofed.

when i called the first number, the automatic message literally said they will make your tax debt disappear on behalf of the irs

I got if u owe for tax debt pushed 221 then it hangs

Thanks, that is the kind of info people here need to know about. :slight_smile: