I might no longer be able to bait from my computer

Hey everyone. As much as I would wanna bait more scammers and hopefully take down more ConnectWise clients that are still in use, I have found myself in a bit of a conundrum as I can no longer make or receive calls on my TextNow and Google Voice lines when using a web browser.

• The issue first occurred to me last night, when I was primarily using Microsoft Edge. Calls on the TextNow line would immediately hang up while calls on the Google Voice line were still possible, despite the fact that I am no longer able to hear the other caller.
  • I have briefly remedied this issue by porting everything over to Google Chrome, but the issue arose yet again earlier today, even after I tried all the troubleshooting steps.
  • If anyone could help me resolve this issue, that would be greatly appreciated.
4 Likes

UPDATE: I managed to find a workaround for the TextNow line, as they have a dedicated web app on the Microsoft Store.

3 Likes

try reinstalling your Windows.

2 Likes

The issue is not with my operating system.

1 Like

If the issue was with my Windows install, then why am I able to fix the issue with my TextNow line by installing their app from the Microsoft Store?

1 Like

You’d be surprised the magic of a fresh reinstall.

2 Likes

Cant you just use another browser?

2 Likes

I switched to Google Chrome when the issue arose last night when I used Microsoft Edge as my primary browser. I luckily managed to fix the issue with my TextNow line by installing their application from the Microsoft Store, but the issue with my Google Voice line still persists.

1 Like

It might be a VPN issue

2 Likes

There a 760,000 russian hackers linked to your IP and 4 viruses on your computer sir. let me connect to help you remove it - taking gift card payments.

:joy: :joy:

3 Likes

I don’t use a VPN either.

1 Like

If your scambaiting you probably should use a VPN, depending on what service they use to look it up, they may be able to get a pretty accurate location.

4 Likes