How to take down sites hosted by GoDaddy? They require court order

Does this mean GoDaddy is safe haven for scammers or what?

This was the verbatim response they gave for both reports I did:

Thank you for the message. We have reviewed your complaint but at this time we are unable to take action without a court order. GoDaddy does not allow illegal content on our customer's websites. However, as a hosting provider, it is not our place to determine if the site you have mentioned is actually engaging in illegal activities.

GoDaddy regularly works with courts and law enforcement from the local to the international level. If you suspect any of our customers are using their website to engage in any illegal activities, please help us by contacting your local law enforcement agency, and request them to investigate this situation. Law enforcement can contact us directly if they need the website(s) taken down, or if they need more information pursuant to an investigation. We have a long-standing history of cooperation with law enforcement and the courts.

Regards,

Content Safety & Moderation
GoDaddy

Yes they are , I’ve called them before and I talked with one of the inbound support agents called Chris , he start telling me , I’m racist cause I said Indian scammers , he start yelling and raising his voice at me , to make me feel guilty , he start telling me : I’ll contact your Internet service provider , I’ll record you , Blah Blah .

Everytime, I reported domains to godaddy and this is the answer every single time :

Thank you for the message. We have reviewed your complaint but at this time we are unable to take action without a court order. GoDaddy does not allow illegal content on our customer’s websites. However, as a hosting provider, it is not our place to determine if the site you have mentioned is actually engaging in illegal activities.

GoDaddy regularly works with courts and law enforcement from the local to the international level.

1 Like

Yeah the response they gave you is word-by-word as the one they gave to me. I can’t believe the part about racism that they told you. Racism has become the easiest way to discredit somebody even when there’s nothing about racism. You could have said Canadian scammers and it would be the same problem.

How can we raise awareness about this?! I posted on reddit a week ago (before finding out about this website) and they told me GoDaddy is just a registrar and not necessarily the web host, which still is BS, as I am sure they are hosting the site and even if they are just the domain registrar they’re still responsible to prevent abuse.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Scams/comments/vaajxz/thoughts_on_this_american_company_domains_by/

1 Like

There is a thread about GoDaddy here:

1 Like