How To Hide Your Virtualbox For Scambaiting (Mac Host)

Hi all,

I have been following this guide to get set up. https://cyberror.com/tech/how-to-hide-your-virtualbox-for-scambaiting/ Unfortunately, I'm not able to use Jaymontana36's .exe on my Mac to hide the fact it is a virtual machine. Does anyone have any experience in doing this?

@cheesam#163172 FWIW every tech support scammer I’ve had just looked right past it. My non-hidden VM hasn’t been called out.

@cheesam#163172

I've done it, these are the lines to run in terminal in order to change the values.

Run each line and edit "Windows 10" to the name of your VM.

VBoxManage setextradata "Windows 10" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiSystemVendor" "HP"

VBoxManage setextradata "Windows 10" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "ENVY dv7"

VBoxManage setextradata "Windows 10" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "<empty>"

VBoxManage setextradata "Windows 10" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiSystemSerial" "string:%random%"

VBoxManage setextradata "Windows 10" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiSystemSKU" "string:%random%"

VBoxManage setextradata "Windows 10" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiSystemFamily" "<empty>"

VBoxManage setextradata "Windows 10" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiSystemUuid" "d18cce0e-44f9-4a74-808c-ff8ff99889da"

VBoxManage setextradata "Windows 10" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiBIOSVendor" "HP"

VBoxManage setextradata "Windows 10" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiBIOSVersion" "string:%random%"

VBoxManage setextradata "Windows 10" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiBIOSReleaseDate" "%SYSdate%"

VBoxManage setextradata "Windows 10" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiBoardVendor" "HP"

VBoxManage setextradata "Windows 10" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "ENVY dv7"

VBoxManage setextradata "Windows 10" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiBoardVersion" "string:%random%"

VBoxManage setextradata "Windows 10" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiBoardSerial" "string:%random%"

VBoxManage setextradata "Windows 10" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiBoardAssetTag" "string:%random%"

VBoxManage setextradata "Windows 10" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiBoardLocInChass" "<empty>"

VBoxManage setextradata "Windows 10" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiBoardBoardType" "10"

@cheesam#163223 LIFE SAVER, this is literally the only place on the entire internet that I was able to find out how to do this. THANK YOU!