Here is why deleting files is pointless

I like the contact method now I think about it, because you can also educate the victim on how to in general avoid scams.

I.E. no legit company accepts/requests a gift card for payment over the phone, if they claim they overpaid you press f5 to refresh so you can see current balance, etc. maybe that needs rewording but thats just off top of my head.

1 Like

Genuinely, I would drop an HTA file, containing a malware dropper. Then, this dropper will try to drop malware that deletew his files, uninstalls recovery software and overwrites a Master Boot Record, so that his computer couldn’t boot. If I find the BIOS exploit, I will try to attempt to overwrite scammer’s BIOS. It’s evil, but it works. I got a way to do this from OIETIF(y.exe). You need to put a corrupted BIOS update on to the Master Boot Record, it will try to update, and format the drives. Then, the motherboard is toast. Unless there’s a BIOS update protection, or a dual-BIOS(thanks Cheng-Ying Hao). But my suggestion is that don’t do this on your friend’s computer, or relative’s computer. Unless you are in the lab environment(VM, and whatnot), or on the scammer’s PC, then go ahead.

1 Like

Agreed, in the case they have zero backups, we can also delete any of victims files, but as stated above, they could just reformat and start again, there is some point in doing this, but only in specific situations

1 Like

But that doesn’t help? You don’t save victims that way, having persistence and watching them (which is illegal so I don’t suggest people do it) is better. Plus they can easily reset.

But you also have to keep in mind 1. Having the ability to be in a scammers computer is risky and random people don’t need it. scammers have victim info who knows what a bad actor could do with that. Not only that there is a legal risk doing it, that’s why it isn’t teached in the community because anyone can abuse it. Not only that Jim has experience compared to you which you won’t meaning you could end up destroying the PC attempting to save victims etc. or not knowing what to tell victims which could cause them to still be at harm from the scammers (such as call the bank, remove software the scammers put from the PC) and convincing the victim is hard and approaching them plus it’s a lot of work. That’s why we leave it to Jim and others who know what their doing rather than taking the risks ourselves. (I originally posted in Jims server).

You can do a lot of good with it but you can mess stuff up if you don’t know what your doing or join the dark side after seeing huge victims.

1 Like

I am a man of probabilities. I would watch the scammers computer first. Then, I would notify victms of the scams, do refunds within a specific time, because OPSEC. Yes, I am inexperienced. I am aware of that, and I still have a lot to learn. I told in the original that many BIOS chips support update via the hard drive. And you can wipe the BIOS on the infected PC. That’s not the point, but when I’m done I will disregard the destruction and send info to the authorities anyways.

1 Like

Yeah the BIOS corrupted you can’t reinstall, I was referring to the MBR being overwritten.

Glad to see you get the point, also FYI refunding is a possibility but most likely you won’t get the chance most of the time which sucks.

Glad to see you get being silent.

1 Like

Thank you for understanding). Stand with my country(I’m from Ukraine).

1 Like

Since this was brought up on CJ Scams Scammer Payback, thought I’d bump it.

1 Like

To add to that been working with a few people who turned a new leaf and are no longer scamming all of them said that most of these scam companies hire what they call IT scholars to ensure everything gets backed up. So yeah it just slows one scammer down and makes them look stupid.

1 Like

Backups and data-recovery nothing, I’ve seen some of them using virtual-machines, and that was years ago. By now, more and more of them us VMs, so they can just recover the system in seconds with a click of a button. It really is pointless now especially since even if they don’t use VMs, they’ll just move to a different system while their IT guy restores the system, so it won’t actually cause any real downtime. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Most don’t use VMs however your point still stands, yeah not real down time.

1 Like

A far better tactic would be to disrupt their files. For example, if you find
a scammer’s spreadsheet of victims waiting to be called, why not just
subtly change the data. This could be done by using the Find/Replace All
tool. Run down the column of victim’s phone numbers and change, say, all
the 7s to 2, all the 5s to 9 etc. Then save the file. The file will still be there, and all of the data will still be there but scrambled and useless. It may take a long time to discover their problem.

5 Likes

The best con is the one where the victim doesn’t know he has been conned.

You can go into their browser and find out all of their sensitive information like personal details, GPS information, financial details, and report them to the police.

It’s sad to see you used to think ‘victim safety’ is more important when your now live streaming victims calls (victims being scammed live and saved) where you risk doxing victims - this goes for anyone live streaming victims calls not just CJ.

2 Likes

Please stop harassing me @ReconScammers

4 Likes

It’s an opinion, not harassment. I only ever mentioned your name once about this publicly being this time. What is bad is you blocking me over giving you advice on both Discord and Twitter
and then privating the episode I did on your podcast over it.

If you really cared about victims you wouldn’t be streaming live victims being scammed, with a huge risk of doxing them (I believe this may of happened on your stream but I don’t have evidence so I won’t make any claims). A real victim advocate wouldn’t delay a victim save because of twitch chat because they don’t do stuff like live stream calls of victims.

Also your violating ‘Victims Rights laws (US Crime Victims’ Rights Act, 18 U.S.C. § 3771 Section a, subsection 8)’ by livestreaming the victims being scammed and called. What if your family member was being scammed and shared all over a live stream.

Also this isn’t targeted at you but; I know the peoples call center did this and Scammer Payback maybe a few times, I disagree with that also, especially the people’s call center considering the people who were doing the saves didn’t sound trained to do them (but cannot say for certain). I don’t disagree with the idea but it would be better if it had proper people doing the victim saves and not live streaming the victim calls and just the baiting. My opinion.

2 Likes

@anon70175667
i think @ReconScammers has a fair point regarding privacy (i am not saying that its being dealt in the best way because i dont know all the infomation) but what i do know that if scammers get hold of victims infomation from your live stream then the victim is screwed up.

I am not reading this response or any other opinion from you. @ReconScammers I am respectfully asking you to please stop contacting me.

2 Likes

Scammers already have their information

1 Like