Happy New Years and what should I learn when doing Scambaiting

So this year is coming to an end, and I want to say that joining in the fight to stop scammers is the best thing that’s ever happen to me. Because all of this is still new to me, I need some advice. How can I stay longer on the phone with these scammers so that they won’t scam actual victims? How can I track scammers down if their IP is the only thing that is showing up? And lastly, How can I get the scammer’s information when they use remote access such as Anydesk? Because I’ve seen other scam baiters delete or copy files and these scammers seem to have a bunch of information. But as always, stay positive, and Happy New Year

Keep a log of all the information you get, which fake names they use and which IP connects to who, see if they’re in the same call centre. If there’s nothing else you can find out about them just share your findings here and see if anyone else has anything. Even if you feel like you don’t have anything to add you might just have a missing piece of information for someone.

To keep them on longer you just need to act like any other normal person would, but include more time wasting such as:

Someone’s at your door
You need the toilet
Make a cup of tea
Your dogs are barking

Or some other stupid excuse. If they wait for you it’ll really annoy them once they find out they’re being punked out of their money.

1 Like