Grant scam (202) 618-3229 "$9000"

Scam Number: (202) 618-3229
Scammer’s Website or Email: none
Additional information about this scam: Found the number on guru with a note about a ‘grant’: “Got call too. Same reason pay to get a Pay Pal account and $9000 will be deposited into my bank. Did not sign up. checked with Reverse Phone and saw results. May 23, 2024”

https://www.numberguru.com/phone/202/618/3229/

Michael asked me for a ‘confirmation code’ but I bungled and didn’t give him one. He said the trasure department should have given me that code, but he will check the “rack-oards” (records) and call me if I am eligible.

1 Like

Got voicemail to leave my name and number.

2 Likes

One of our seniors in our community was just contacted by these people. telling her to send $200 throu money gram at walmart and then they will send her a $9200 grant…when i called the number, they were rude and hung up on me and when i asked the name of the companyl they told me they were the treasury dept, lol!!! im so worried about how many people will fall for this nonsense. the number they called from is 202-618-3050

1 Like

@Cedarglen

Thanks or sharing and welcome! This particular number has been doing this for a while :frowning: