Gps/tomtom chat scam

scam site: https://www.mapupgrade.com/
Extra Info: they probably come from India even though I wasn’t able to use grabify on them
btw if they block you by saying “connection lost” you can use a VPN to change your IP

To share your scam baiting experience, comment a video or image of you scam baiting these scammers!

1 Like

How does the GPS scam work? Do they just try to take your credit card info and other personal info?

They were nice enough to call me 848-256-1441 so we got their number now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same technician support scam as popups but it’s GPS live chat and they do fix your GPS but also say there’s network infections when there clearly aint.

yep thats right

ok, so they try to impersonate your average GPS company and then say you need to update, but “oops looks like the update failed” happens. then you talk to their “support” they say they will find an expert to assist but you have to give them your email, phone number, and other stuff. btw thanks for the phone number!

You can say whatever and it goes in a loop

yes but im pretty sure the first few chats are actual people

I’m guessing someone is monitoring them since if you do spam the chats out they will ban you.
I’m guessing someone without a keyboard is just copy and pasting into a chat box on the other end since the replies and read receipts are not instant.

right

Reported to LiveChat.

yep, pretty sure thats correct

nice!

Wasted about 3 hours of “Alex Wilson’s” (ID: 100422GR) time a couple nights ago. Eventually he took me to pay them at mysoftsquad.com. Did some looking and that company is an active LLC in FL with several of bad BBB reviews from people who were scammed. Also just noticed this site come up in a Google search ad when looking for more GPS scams, reported this one and another (gpsmapinfo.com) to Google.

live chat has been removed

Already have a post on gpsmapinfo.com with all their other sites.

My records show most Garmin, GPS scams originate from Mohali/Chandigarh in Punjab India

Here’s one 800 number you guys can use. I’ll keep it short for now, but this scammer claimed to be with Garmin, but when I called him back, he was in his car and told me to shut up when I asked what company owned his department.

It’s 800 539 9184

I think it would be great if hundreds of people called them asking to purchase their products asking what company owned them. They refuse to even give first names.

Welcome! @Registereduser1