Scammer’s Website or Email:
Additional information about this scam: $419.00
1 year subscription to geek squad
cust 9377893874937884
order EUHD846IEO749P

4 Likes

866-782-8468 Malechode Tuesday 3-21-23 4:57PM EST

1 Like

oh … and the email included a pdf file with the same info … which i clicked on … that’s how i know it was the same info. did i just do what was required to infect my lap top?

1 Like

check this out->

1 Like

i’m new at this … i received the geek squad renewal (scam) email. i ignore many such scams because i know i don’t have the product or service. but i do use geek squad … and looking into the msg i came across this helpful info. now, two questions. what am i to do … ignore this … seems appropriate. number 2, what/how does the scammer gain anything from this? to those who haven’t figured it out, i’m old and don’t get out much

1 Like

Bob go on youtube and type in ‘tech support scam’ or ‘refund scam’. now enjoy countless hours of different types of baiters

1 Like

According to that article, “The malicious PDF was used to infect PCs with Snake, a keylogger and credential stealer” … so I could have a problem (otherwise … why have a pdf as an attachment?). I use MalwareBytes to scan my laptop daily ,… will it detect Snake? Are there products which can detect these threats?

1 Like

Malwarebytes should detect & remove it…Combo Cleaner is another program that claims to remove keyloggers. Bear in mind that KL’ers rarely enter a system solo, so there could be other malware, trojans, etc. present. I run both Zemana anti keylogger and KeyScambler programs just in case.

Killed it.

1 Like

bought combo cleaner … both cc and malwarebytes indicate my lap top is clean. hope so … and i found this thread helpful. thanks