Further Issues with Onvoy/Inteliquent

I have to respectfully disagree. She is still important; as an employee of their company, she represents them and her behavior is indicative of their stance regarding the matter. Therefore, it gives you some “bonus points” in the court of law :wink:

But, yes, I am seeing your line regarding her action being inexcusable. I think you and I are on the same page here.

Also, I am in complete agreement that putting societal and legal pressure on disreputable companies benefits everyone. Bad legal publicity is far more powerful than monetary damages, as they have deep pockets and $17K is nothing to them. However, legal precedents matter. They are also well aware that lawsuits and legal challenges tend to attract attention of journalists, lawmakers and society in general. And this in itself is a great motivator to force some entities to change their unethical behaviors.

4 Likes

I agree. Its own thread would be nice and could be titled “Further Issues with Onvoy/Inteliquent”. Do you know if there is a way for @SwedishWolf to “drag and drop” all these posts into a separate thread? Or would moderators be able to help with it? I just do not know how it works.

4 Likes

Done :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

If I repeatedly sent them duplicate emails daily (I’m not talking in terms of illegal or STRAIGHT UP spam), I’m talking like in terms of if I just copy and pasted the same line of text to each of their emails every day, every few hours that said something Like: “When are you guys going to stop aiding scammers?” - If you get what I mean.

What do you guys think? Objective here is to trigger them, force them to say anything at this point even. Hahaha, I’d love to sit here knowing they are continuously pinged about the same thing. I’d so want to deal with their main bitchy “lawyer” too just to fuck her about.

Fuck those goofy ahhh mfs.

3 Likes

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

While I am sadly unsure of a perfect solution to such negligence with illegal behaviors by Onvoy, I think the most logical way would be to get their executive team involved and inform their Compliance about Inteliquent turning a blind eye to illegal behaviors. Yes, I know it may very likely get unanswered, but at least we can then have documented evidence that issues are being ignored. Literally, you can send hundreds of pages of evidence of truly illegal behaviors by their clients with specific TNs and see what they say. They have to start holding their “resellers” (many of which are in questionable nations like India, Pakistan or the Philippines) accountable.

Their emails are:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

3 Likes

Regarding one of your posts.

I take note of the comment they made.

The first one was a four page notice explaining that they are a bridge for billions of calls and are excluded from a TCPA violation.

I once saw something from a good friend online that may be of use.

"All the companies listed below are essentially the same company, operating under different names and they DO sell DIDs and trunk services, and much more, directly to end-users. Take note of the conglomerate of names:

Onvoy
Inteliquent
Sinch
Voyant
Vitelity
Broadvox
Neutral Tandem
VCLS
Infotelecom
360Networks
Zayo Group and also Zayo Enterprise Networks
Minnesota Independent Equal Access Corporation
Voip360
Emergency Networks
RadiantIQ
Layered Communications

All these companies are sister companies under the umbrella of Sinch, and most of these DO sell direct to consumer."

4 Likes

Thank you I’m saving this for potential use in the future. I also appreciate you making this a topic of discussion. Hopefully, this process can be seen and learned from by other people that encounter the same issues. I’ll make sure to keep you guys updated.

4 Likes

There is currently a class-action lawsuit against Onvoy as well as Peerless Network due to these entities turning a blind eye to illegal robocalls. Perhaps, it might be helpful for you to reach out to the plaintiffs and share some information with them. Here it is:

4 Likes

Hi. It’s been awhile since I heard from you. What was the end result with the complaint to Onvoy/Sinch? I think you gave them until end of February to disclose who their spamming and scamming clients were, right?

2 Likes

Yes so they messaged me the day before the deadline and said they’re not against paying me but apparently they’re not happy about me being able to continue legal action if the calls don’t stop. The guy I’m talking to is “in house counsel” a buddy of mine advised me not to believe a word he says. I’m currently trying to find a reputable firm that will take my case. It’s a very unique type of litigation. Based on what they say I’ll take the next step. I want to start by subpoenaing their precious customers I’m curious where the servers lead. Sorry I know you were expecting more but these things take time and move at a snails pace. I’m still getting the daily scam calls with the same scam so I know they’re still in operation.

3 Likes

Well, it is still some good progress. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

If you know of any good firms that take robo calll cases let me know. Most litigators I’ve spoken to do not know enough about laws regarding telephone communication. It’s a very niche field.

3 Likes

I do know some. Here you are:

Avi Kaufman <[email protected]>

Michael Greenwald <[email protected]>

Alexander Burke <[email protected]>

Michael Eisenband [email protected]

Billy Howard [email protected]

Manuel Hiraldo [email protected]

Eric Kem <[email protected]>

2 Likes

So, how is the lawsuit coming along?

2 Likes

Not so great. Every one of the numbers even the ones you provided didn’t want to take the case. When I asked why not to the last guy, he said it’s too difficult of a case. Not that it isn’t a “winnable” case it would take too much time and resources. He recommended that I just try and work with the in house counsel and pretty much bend over backwards for them. Lawyers these days have no balls. The last guy was very familiar with Inteliquent (he’s done several cases against them) and told me they don’t usually try to make deals that often, he said it’s very likely they’re somehow tied to their scammer customers and want this to go away otherwise they’d just ignore it or push it for court. Still making calls so if you know any other good ones send them my way and I’ll keep calling. I even offered to pay a retainer upfront his answer was it’s not as much about the money as it is with the case being difficult. Because these numbers are all spoofed even with recordings and subpoenas we’d still have a hard time proving it’s their company. Also he told me the demand for them to continue to face legal action in the future if I get calls is unrealistic and not really a fair demand.

3 Likes

Don’t forget DANIEL WINTER with the StefanColeman Law Firm!

[email protected]

Give the above email I provided a TRY.

3 Likes