Feedback for scammer.info

I live in Pacific Time, not a problem for me. I’m guessing that most of the mods live in Eastern Time? Anyways, I see many people who live overseas, like in Europe or the UK, can’t get approved so quickly as the mods are based in America. As for the scam accounts, I’m glad that these accounts have a badge so we can beware of them, but can’t the mods just ban them? Anyways…Scammer.info is a pretty great community, definitely the best scambaiting and scam reporting forum around. Fun to relax, chat, and post numbers, emails, and sites in.

7 Likes

Amen to that. This is by far the best scambaiting community I’ve been a part of. I’ve belonged in the past to a couple others, neither of which is still around. One was kind of a mess and the other was pretty dead for the most part. I’ve only been on here a few days but really like it a lot.

7 Likes

That would be me for example, Germany here :wink:
But as I mentioned initially it’s not a big deal. I absolutely understand the need for some kind of approval.

Same, been around like 4 weeks and already love the community here! :+1:

5 Likes

I’m really glad you guys like it.

4 Likes

Done .

1 Like

Yeah as much as I hated when I’d post something fresh and it was dead before the post could be approved, I think it’s really important to take each and every step to make sure people aren’t posting non-scam numbers or worse, phone numbers of people they want harassed. Maybe have a requirement for sending DMs as well, there were a couple users that would start spamming me with numbers and without any sort of proof of a scam.

Maybe the delay in making it to a trusted level is too long, but it’s definitely better than quickly approving people who turn out to be DBs or even scammers themselves.

7 Likes

same, I feel like the approval times are really long… maybe it would be cool if they added an option for us to view unmoderated stuff at our own risk of viewing spam/BS posts

1 Like

I wonder if they would let users that are on here all the time MOD and just verify the legitimacy of numbers

4 Likes

I’d be on board with Regulars getting to mod. I’m a member and have yet to become a regular. However, I already love it here, even though it’s only been 2-3 weeks since I joined here.

2 Likes

I love what I’m doing. I can’t waste a minute without checking for posts

3 Likes

I come on here almost everyday (I’m on weekdays and sometimes on/off on weekends and holidays). On the days I’m on, I make sure to check back at least a few times a hour.

2 Likes

If it wasn’t for my one phone that records and changing my CID, I wouldn’t be doing this at all.

1 Like

How do you do that? I’m curious…I want to know!

1 Like

I have a VoIP called microsip

2 Likes

And the SIP provider you use for that?

1 Like

Voip.ms

1 Like

I think that scammers who come here and masquerade as scambaiters should have their accounts suspended and be permanently IP banned from even reading the site.

3 Likes

I am on in favor in that, however scammers also use scammer.info to defeat their competitors by posting their competitors number to get them shut down.

It’s a genius idea from scammers but a big bonus for us. I believe it would just be a waste to just ban then unless they are posting dummy/false numbers or just spam the site.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s true

The scammers aren’t too dumb. Sometimes they use VPNs & Tor to access the site.

1 Like