Feedback for scammer.info

Yes I agree with having some kind of button to verify rather the number is currently active or not. But do not necessarily agree with the ban of proxy servers. Typically scammers aren’t that savvy I could be wrong. Some of us use proxy servers to scambait safely. And I really enjoy doing this. The community is awesome.

Regarding Proxys I am no expert. IP addresses seem at least available to be blocked. Thanks

Again, I think if they did have Working / Non Working Tabs I would encourage more than one Non Working click as again others may be able to get through, maybe a disclaimer. Too a scammer could click Non Working and stop others from acting ( Maybe the result is hidden until 3 or more have same result ) Or maybe after like three clicks it notifies a mod for review and before the Hidden results are revealed a MOD makes a quick attempt contact to make sure someone is not lying. And others may want to recheck even once the Non Working Badge displays on the Post eventually. Plus the NON working ones once badged are moved to the bottom of list.

1 Like

Your posts are automatically approved after a while

1 Like

DO NOT BAN PROXIES.

If a scammer is really persistent in harassing us, we can set up a keyword filter, suspend individual accounts, inform the community, etc.

There are many legitimate privacy and security uses for VPNs, proxies, and Tor.

5 Likes

You usually can’t do this without calling the number, and I don’t think we should create some kind of interactive interface to send anonymous hangup calls to any random number fed into it.

This is called the reply button

I don’t know why you’re publicly posting instructions to evade a ban here.

But, yes, I am aware this is not faultless. However, the scammers would have to come back with a brand new made up story, directing traffic to a completely different competitor, harassing completely different people, etc.

Go see Posting Guidelines - Important to keep our quality up

Okay, well, while this is true, we shouldn’t trust any of their investigations or share any information with them. We should likely set up some way to prevent them from getting access to Lounge, Members, Coordination, etc.

1 Like

Regarding REPLY button that requires more than a scan of the post. I mean a Badge that would signify quickly and also mean the post ( once verified that the MOD gets same non working signal after a quick dial ) is moved to the bottom.

1 Like

Possible, but that would take some time to code for something that is mostly usable how it is, albeit a bit uglier/old-fashioned.

1 Like

Without calling the number whether manually or system generated how would we know it works or not? Regarding discussions- I agree don’t post workarounds for scammers. I think that brings up the fact that comments should be moderated before publish.

2 Likes

Mods usually manually calls number to review, but they just do it once before approving or denying the post.

Depends on the individual situation. That was likely a good faith mistake.

1 Like

Regarding Proxies, This is in regard to accounts and setting up access to the site.

2 Likes

If they verify then Firefighter69, they are maybe verifying before approval?

2 Likes

I’ve seen that wherein one scammer was posting regularly of his competitors’ numbers before getting caught and banned.

4 Likes

In that case, severely throttling the internet speed when detecting a VPN/proxy should be good, Reddit does it.

5 Likes

Yeah, maybe there will be a couple bad apples, as in scammers who make sock puppet accounts to try and verify themselves, but the majority of people here are trying to keep them out, so as long as it stays that way, this strategy could work pretty well.

Edit: I just realized why this seems so familiar. This is the same sort of consensus that runs most blockchains out there. There’s a whole thing called a 51% attack where some dude has a majority of the power and therefore has complete control. The thing with this forum is that we can handle a couple scammers getting through, if for some reason the scammers had a 51% majority. For the most part, though, we outnumber them (at the very least in terms of trusted accounts).

5 Likes

n i c e

3 Likes
3 Likes

Who is that ugly mug of a man?

Hey, that’s my sister. What are you saying about her?

1 Like

I find it can take a long time to get posts approved the few times I’ve posted. Last time was in early evening and didn’t get approved until like 12 hours later, which by then the scammers had ditched the number pretty much. I always verify it’s a legit scammer, I field test it myself lol. :grin: