|Monday|8:30a.m.–5p.m.|
|Tuesday|8:30a.m.–5p.m.|
|Wednesday|8:30a.m.–5p.m.|
|Thursday|8:30a.m.–5p.m.|
|Friday|8:30a.m.–5p.m.|
|Saturday|Closed|
|Sunday|Closed|
Scammer’s Website or Email: [email protected] https://www.dagroupservices.com
Additional information about this scam: Jessica Cabral from D&A Group Services sent me this email:

Hello Matthew,

BALANCE DUE – Replacement Value: $200.00

D&A PERMIT #: 1146992525 Quebec Permit # 400231

This email will serve to inform you that we are a duly authorized collection Agency for NielsenIQ.

We have been retained with respect to recovering the NielsenIQ Homescan Consumer Panel’s scanning equipment which is the property of NielsenIQ .

Therefore it is imperative that you immediately return all pieces of the scanning equipment to Intermec Technologies Canada Ltd., ( NielsenIQ’s equipment centre ).

Please call D&A Collections toll free at 1-888-395-1147 ext 6292

We trust you fully realize the seriousness of this matter and that you will promptly act accordingly in your own interest.

Regards,

Jessica Cabral
Support Agent

Phone: 905-507-8889
Toll Free: 888-395-1147 Ext. 6292
Fax: 905-507-3538
www.dagroupservices.com jessica.cabral@dagroupservices.com

Notice of Confidentiality: The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review re-transmission dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error please contact the sender immediately by return electronic transmission and then immediately delete this transmission including all attachments without copying distributing or disclosing the contents. Avis de confidentialité: L’information transmise est strictement réservée à la personne ou à l’organisme auquel elle est adressée et peut être de nature confidentielle. Toute lecture retransmission divulgation ou autre utilisation de cette information ou toute action prise sur la foi de cette information par des personnes ou organismes autres que son destinataire est interdite. Si vous avez reçu cette information par erreur veuillez contacter son expéditeur immédiatement par retour du courrier électronique puis supprimer cette information y compris toutes pièces jointes sans en avoir copié divulgué ou diffusé le contenu.

This company has a 1.2 rating on Google with 99 reviews. Probably a scam. Based at 75 Watline Ave Suite 142, Mississauga, ON L4Z 3E5.

Jessica Cabral emailed me again. File no: DA file #40058379.

I have called both and researched them. I would say they are legit. Collection agencies are sketchy to begin with but NielsenIQ is a legit company that does use multiple collection agencies according to them. Both companies are Canadian so their relationship makes sense. Whoever Matthew is, id suggest they deal with them or their credit may be effected. It could be a wrong entry in their system if they never heard of NielsenIQ (which is a grocery scanning/sharing app) but its still legit.

I’m Matthew.

Tell them to deal with you via post. That is the only way you will communicate. They should already have your information. You have rights under the FDCPA that allow this. But I would first question the account with NielsenIQ. They should have given you an account number that you can verify with them. They are pretty nice on the phone. If you were never in the program then they are who you want to fix things with.

I have the item in question, but they can’t do anything to me as some of the information I gave them is fake.

So this was a revenge post? You said it was:

Which you must know is not. You stole equipment, they came after you for it, so you post their number?
I only ask because a person like me, in the same country, could try to bait them and end up with legal repercussions. Now, I personally very well versed in the laws so I always research these kind of posts first (hence the post here) So I would never fall into that. But less experienced people may. You need to be more aware of these things. This isnt a place to have someone prank called cause you dont like that they are calling you.

I didn’t steal their equipment, I got it for free as part of the Nielsen Homescan program. However, the debt collection company is quite suspicious as having a bad BBB rating and also having 1-star Google reviews. They aren’t calling me, just emailing me from time to time.

Solved it with the DA. Will return item.

How you resolved it
Me also got the mail like this