Facebook Marketplace Canada scam

Scam Number: NA
Scammer’s Website or Email: FB Marketplace
Additional information about this scam:

Marketplace link: Redirecting...

Username: Sarah Gee Thomson
Lists the items in Vancouver BC but the main profile puts them in Ontario. A few friends of mine came across it and did a reverse image search on the goods - the picture is from an eBay listing from a larger sale. This user is recycling the image to hopefully scam people out of their asking costs - asking them to E-Transfer the money to secure the goods and then ghosting the users.

My friend was able to retrieve two E-Transfer emails. I believe both are attached to a credit card company called Koho that specializes in prepaid credit cards and restoring credit. They also deal with E-Transfers.

This person has likely hijacked the Facebook account and several other bank accounts. I attempted to contact Koho’s customer support and they refused to get involved.

I’ve contacted the Fraud department at Koho and provided them screenshots and details - My old contact with TD is no longer with the company so I’m hoping that anyone with Canadian contacts can forward these email addresses to any other financial institution they have reach with.