Facebook CashApp SCAMMER on my 25th Birthday - Alexis Grace

SCAMMER: Facebook

GRABIFY STATISTICS

• IP - 184.188.74.224 (VPN)
  • DEVICE - Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • BROWSER - Facebook Messenger

Scammer will send random friend requests to users on Facebook. Once accepted, they will ask how you are doing in the hopes you are doing well, and what you would do if $2,000 was added to your CashApp account.

As I was asked to provide my CashApp tag, I sent a random one before they told me how their scam works.

They require an initial payment of $50 for verification, which can only be accepted via a $50 Steam gift card from a local Walmart. I tried to get them to send me a link to their Steam profile, but they were adament that I send them a card, so I responded by sending a Grabify link to youareanidiot.cc.

Unfortunately, the scammer accessed the link through a VPN, so I tried to blame it all on technical difficulties in the hopes that they would send a link to their Steam profile. Instead, they asked if I have a TrustWallet account before sending a link to ENEBA

I then responded by claiming that the domain was blocked by my ISP. As a result, they asked me to copy the ENEBA link to “open in my browser.”

The scammer has no ideas how ISP blocking works, so I then asked them to send me a friend request on Steam so I can get a direct link to their profile. The scammer has not responded since.

1 Like

2 Likes

WOW great work even if you can’t get into. They are greedy they probably will. Maybe if you say the reason it blocked is you just got your $5,541 Tax Refund and you had to manually allow or something like that. If they smell money they will bite?

1 Like

With the latest data breaches perhaps that can be used as an excuse for websites, stores and banks having issues. It did make the news so a simple search on there end would prove that.

1 Like