Estate of GBP10, 000, 000.00! You been chosen to get half! You have the SAME last name!

On Sunday, February 4, 2024 at 04:51:00 AM EST, Andrew Lawson [email protected] wrote:

Dear friend,

My name is Andrew Lawson. We are unfamiliar with each other but it takes a day for people to know. I would like to propose a legitimate business to you and please take this seriously. I am proposing a deal that will make us richer and you are very important to this deal as you will find out.

I am a senior accountant with NatWest Bank, London, United Kingdom. I have worked here for a little more than 15 years now and I was the personal accountant to one foreign contractor with Royal Dutch Plc who has an investment account with my bank.

Unfortunately, my client died along with his nuclear family in France while on sabbatical in the summer of 2010, may their soul rest in peace. He died without leaving a Will. Several efforts were made to find his extended family through your embassy without success.

I received a notice last week to provide the beneficiary of the account as his accountant OR risk the fund been transferred to the government (es-cheat) in 21 days’ time. I am contacting you to assist me in repatriating the funds left behind by my late client since you both share the same last name.

This claim will be executed without breaching any British laws and success is guaranteed if we cooperate on this. The bank will release the account to you because of your last name and my recommendation of you as the next of kin.

I will forward my International passport so you know this is a serious deal, when I get your response. The amount involved is GBP10, 000, 000.00. I propose we share the proceeds 50:50, I think this is fair. I will give you all the necessary information about the deal when I get your response.

I anticipate your cooperation. Treat this proposal with utmost confidentiality and urgency for a 100% success.

If you are not interested, please delete this mail.

Regards,
Andrew Lawson.

IF REPLIED TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS IS DIFFERENT:
“Andrew Lawson” [email protected]

HEADERS:
Received: from 127.0.0.1
by atlas-production.v2-mail-prod1-gq1.omega.yahoo.com pod-id atlas--production-gq1-7cc7dd9fd-rgrgn.gq1.yahoo.com with HTTP; Sun, 4 Feb 2024 09:50:59 +0000
Return-Path: [email protected]
X-Originating-Ip: [120.29.231.222]
Received-SPF: pass (domain of polri.go.id designates 120.29.231.222 as permitted sender)
Authentication-Results: atlas-production.v2-mail-prod1-gq1.omega.yahoo.com;
dkim=pass [email protected] header.s=trunojoyo;
spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=polri.go.id;
dmarc=pass(p=REJECT,sp=REJECT) header.from=polri.go.id;
X-Apparently-To: @yahoo.com; Sun, 4 Feb 2024 09:51:00 +0000
X-YMailISG: uUy8KeEWLDuq_qI9Uly8.SI0zOe9mLGtNjAvVwDxP0o_60Wt
Wu4dmKIuxnLOz1zpVAieg.teg6YEUwAb_uRRNFqHaSVEPNyVTI3D.4OIp58k

1 Like

For future reference, there is a dedicated category for 419 scams under “Spam”

2 Likes

It says " I am not allowed to create post in this category " was going to delete and repost.

1 Like

Can you recategorize this post?

1 Like

See previous. Thanks

I can have a friend do that, gimme a bit.

1 Like

Got @spicybrown to help out with the recategorization.

Why would I be excluded from posting there?

I don’t think you are excluded per se, I presume your trust level forbids you from moving posts to that particular category. You can still post just fine.

NEW POST button greyed out and i icon says: " You’re not allowed to create topics in this category." That means excluded to me. Every snag like this is a win for a scammer. Some who post may say forget it. They may logically think -If I don’t have trust by now after all I posted forget it. Too maybe the category selection could automatically place the post in the correct category. Easier not challenging.

You should be able to create posts and put them under the Spam->419 email category. The root Spam category doesn’t let anyone create new posts

I’ll try next time. Thanks for your help. It’d be nice to have the dropdown let you choose the category it will be placed in. Thanks again