Emmanuel from Owerri - 170 Days and Still Going Strong

[color=#00FF]This is the sequel to a post made at Christmas Eve, 2022. The scammer is still well hooked as ever. To start off, here is the text of the first post:[/color]

Back on September 29th, I was contacted by a scammer with this format:

DELIVERY AGENT OF SUN TRUST BANK OF AMERICA USA

IM JENNIFER SANDRA AND I’M HERE AS THE DELIVERY AGENT OF SUN TRUST BANK OF AMERICA USA SO ALL YOU NEED TO DO NOW IS TO GET ME YOUR FULL INFORMATION AND A PICTURE OF YOU SO THAT I WILL PROCEED IMMEDIATELY WITH THE DELIVERY SO GET BACK TO ME ASAP

JENNIFER SANDRA.

PLS BE SINCERE WITH ME.

WE ARE VERY VERY READY TO DELIVER YOUR FUNDS SMOOTH AND SUCCESSFUL ONE

I responded as a senile old man who hadn’t got a clue about…well, pretty much anything. After days of leading Jennifer in circles, my elderly gentleman wound up sending gift cards off to another scammer (me again). The original scammer begged my fake scammer character to have mercy and send him the card codes. Upon being asked what he wanted the money for he replied:

Video games and a night at the clubs.

I decided I must bait this twerp to hell and back. So here’s what happened:

My fake scammer asked forgiveness for the gift card theft, and then decided to make it up to Jennifer, (who admitted “her” real name was Emmanuel and that “she” lived in a little town named Owerri) by letting him help with co-scamming a client. The client was a megachurch, and they were looking to donate to Nigerian orphanages. All Emmanuel had to do was pretend to own an orphanage.

Only problem is - I am also the pastor of the megachurch.

Emmanuel sent in his “Help our orphans” scam letter to my pastor character. The pastor demanded proof of faith prior to donating. Emmanuel was to hold a sign reading “GLORY TO THE HOLY LAMB - MATTHEW 4:19” complete with a hand-drawn lamb symbol. He complied but only in part:

Not acceptable! I wrote back asking if he had a bad case of facial leprosy. This embarrassed him into sending a good photo:

So now he thought he would get his money. But he went further. Emmanuel asked the pastor for PCs and video games, for the children of course :wink:

This stuff was all mailed to Emmanuel. But we needed to make sure our post office worker in Nigeria did not deliver such an expensive box to a thief, so Emmanuel had to send in his full body photo:

Emmanuel would’ve gotten the box - but the Nigerian mailman, an Igbo guy named Jaja, ran over a goat in the road and crashed. Too bad.

Things got pretty hectic after this. The van would be disabled for two days because the only qualified repairman lived in another city. Emmanuel was given the option to travel 300 miles to Benin City, where Jaja was stranded, or wait. He chose to wait.

Jaja, while waiting, proceeded to get drunk and party. He sent repeated drunken texts to Emmanuel talking about all the girls and champagne and of course the money he was wasting. Emmanuel withered away under this treatment as is to be expected. Jaja’s wild life caught up to him though, and when the day finally came for him to deliver the box to Emmanuel, he was too drunk to drive.

There would be another delay.

Once again, Emmanuel was given the choice to wait or travel. He chose to wait. As usual, when Emmanuel waits, things get worse. So I threw new mess in the story.

Jaja got drunk and was kidnapped by Nigerian bandits. The bandits found the box full of computers and money of course, but the leader, Kariola, had a heart and wrote Emmanuel asking if he wanted to pick up his box. Of course the lad agreed. But there was one condition: that he get tattooed. Otherwise, the robbers wouldn’t trust him. We struggled over this and finally I had to give it up. Emmanuel did not have the money to get a tattoo and his brother wouldn’t loan him any. A pity.

Kariola once again offered Emmanuel the option of travel. This time, it was 330 miles to Abuja. Emmanuel, desperate, accepted.

Once again, everything went crazy. First, he took the road that he thought was better, instead of the road I suggested. Sure enough, I got this email:

Still in lagos I run out of petrol

He wasn’t even supposed to be in Lagos. What happened? Simple. Emmanuel decided his idea of the local roads was better than my Nigerian friend’s idea of the roads. He took the road I told him not to take and stranded himself.

Suffice to say I chewed the fool out.

Regardless, Emmanuel kept travelling, making a large arc around the middle of Nigeria. He ran out of gas again in a town named Onitsha, and wound up sleeping in a parking garage until the owner kicked him out. Finally, he got his destination: Awka. He loitered all day at the hotel gates looking for Kariola’s helper - but never saw him. Emmanuel’s car had broken down again, so he spent Christmas night in the back of his car, lonely and cold.

After trying to scam the megachurch pastor’s teen daughter (he failed) and trying to beg Afolabi and Kariola for money, his brother finally made the necessary trip to Awka and picked up his mentally deficient brother. During the time of begging, one of Emmanuel’s most ridiculous stories was this:

[color=#53e93]I drank gasoline and need money to pay my medical bills.[/color]

He finally had made it back home. However, the safari took a lot of the fun out of Emmanuel and he no longer wanted to do anything. A brief adventure with a Mafia boss named Dondi White ended pointlessly when Emmanuel emailed one day:

[color=#53e93]I am dulled of all this.[/color]

I seriously thought the bait was over. Emmanuel stopped replying to emails, characters that he talked daily with received letters reading “I am no longer interested”. The bait seemed truly over. Then one day, the following letter popped up in my email:

Dear Sir.

In regards to the on going program concerning Hiv/Aids patients, sickle cell patient,orphanages,widows,and other less privilege in the world which was resently put to public notice on CNN NEWS and your usually assistance has really salvaged the less priviledge once in the society.

As a result of the assistance which part of the public has been financially,materially and morally donated, the mortality rate (DEATH RATE) is now under control.

Sir/Ma ,we are hereby appealling for more fund and other material support of any kind,regardless of the amount to rehabilitate the lives of all present patients that are affected by this deadly disease.

God in his grace and infinite mercies will reward people who contribute in anyway to save the lifes of other humans in need ,we strongly believe that as you move to assist these less priviledge once .
In the name of God you shall never be a victim of this deadly disease including your families.(AMEN)

Kindly contact me back for your assistance.
Thanks for your anticipated reply in assistance for this project.

Dr. Wilson Gelera

Guess who was back? Emmanuel. I thought it may be him as he was the only one who had this specific address. I could not believe he’d come back after the three months of hell I put him through. But nonetheless he did. During the three weeks no word had been heard from him, Emmanuel had grown a beard and changed his phone numbers completely. This time, he willingly went through all of the fancy church practices to make everyone happy and have a chance at the cash again:

First, a new and improved Holy Lamb picture (has he aged, or is it just me?)

And second - once his account was shut down, we demanded proof he owned the account before sending money again.

The text on this sign “Miss Orchid Baits For Real” was intended as a present to my scambaiting partner, Additional_Orchid_14 (find on Reddit). Requests for personalised trophy pics from the local vendor pictured above are accepted with a 50/50 chance of getting the request :crazy_face:

Of course the payment failed again, so this time, I demanded to have all his transaction paperwork and history printed, scanned, and emailed to me. He complied. The photos are not included due to the massive amount of personal info, but suffice to say five pieces of paperwork straight from his bank filled with account details, card details, and transaction history came in.

Emmanuel is still being baited as of today. He is now scheduled for a trip to a town named Warri to meet with nonexistant “pastors”. No spoilers, but this trip could likely get him arrested or hurt, ending this inept man’s criminal career for a good long time.