Email Accounts / Cant use VOIP line to verify

I just tried to sign up for a new GMail and Yahoo email address. However I’ve hit a roadblock. When I fill my details and click next, both are asking for a phone number.

I thought no problem I got text working on voip so entered my voip line and hit next… But these two email providers appear to know this is a VOIP line and have blocked it for verification purposes.

How / where can I get an email address without having to verify a phone number? Thx :slight_smile:

1 Like

mail.aol.com allows voip lines, at least it let me.
mail.com

Use hotmail.com it can use textnow maybe, but if you look up phone numbers for gmail SMS. Use those numbers and t will work on hotmail. Hotmail is also a large provider so it wont be sketchy.

1 Like

I’m sure you mean OUTLOOK as that’s what hotmail was previously rebranded to basically. And nope voip lines don’t work on either, nor do the online sms numbers.

Tried mail.com? or mail2tor.com I have many accounts on stuff running these.

1 Like

That wasn’t the case for me, another option is to use some other less known email providers.

2 Likes

Turns out Microsoft doesn’t care so I have hotmail and protonmail :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

DeeVeeArrrrrr :smiley:

I will try mail.com. I don’t want to use mail2tor and give away that I am an advanced user.

Update: Microsoft locked my account and demanded a phone number, when I enter my VOIP line it says it cannot send text messages to the number (even though I have text enabled)

Looks like ProtonMail is the only one. I will try and look for others now that I lost my Microsoft account.

1 Like

It is so annoying how hard they make things. It makes things not just harder for scammers but also for us! Any luck?

1 Like