Ebay refund scam +1 844-313-2841

RE: 866 980 6621 https://forums.att.com/conversations/apple/is-this-a-scam/605a1d74f1dbf91532ea4827

From that URL, question: Hi, I ended up calling 866-980-6621 thinking it was At&T. However the person on the phone started asking for my IMEI numbers and then kept on asking for my social security number for a soft security check and he kept on pushing it multiple times and would not let me hang up and was really adamant on getting my social security number. Is this number a scam or genuinely AT&T? Updated 2 months ago

Answers:
sandblaster ACE - Expert Where did you get that number? I sure don’t recognize it as an ATT number and they don’t ask you for your SSN. Sounds like a scam to me.

“AT&T” 866-980-6621 3:06 PM 05-Jun-2021 I got gal named “Moesha” … "There used to be a show ‘Moesha’ but you are too young to know about it … “Actually, my parents told me about the television show and named me after the Moesha character” … at some point while talking to her, another gal abruptly took over the call … Natasha took over the call … I want Internet and voip phone … She asked my name and address and I gave her fake but realistic response … No, I do not have current internet provider … AT&T has no internet they offer at the speed 1.5 megabits per second and MY area she said only allows 1.5 megabits available for bandwidth (I am confused!) — So she offered Spectrum that is a 3rd party provider since AT&T is not available in my area, I can get 50 megabits internet and voip unlimited phone via Spectrum … So I need to call SPectrum? No, she said, she at AT&T can set up a SPectrum a/c for me … I gave her at her request my callback number (my TextNow number) … My DOB is blah blah as she asked … I get self starter kit for one-time fee of $9.99 added to first bill … I pick up at Spectrum store or they mail to me … I’ll pick up at Spectrum per me, she said it must be within 7 days that I pick up … Do I understand the taxes/fees are included, etc.? … I asked at what SPectrum store I pick up … She said on a real road in this city and gave me address … I looked up and there is a Spectrum store at the address she gave me … I do not pay now or at store when I pick up, rather I will get a bill after about a month of picking up the equipment at the store and the starter kit, so I do not need to schedule a Spectrum technician per my question to her … But how can I connect when SPectrum has not connected to the address their Internet? She said the wires are there already because Spectrum serves the area of the real address I gave her (???) … Once I receive the equipment and follow the self starter kit, the starter kit will have phone number I call so Spectrum can activate the internet … Monthly it will be $47.98 monthly except 1st payment with extra $9.99 for self starter kit … So she will “submit” my order so I can go to Spectrum store to pick up. To whom are you submitting my order? She is submitting my order to SPectrum she said … So I asked is AT&T and SPectrum two parts of the same company? SHe said if AT&T is not available in a particular area, AT&T can set up customers with SPectrum … I asked, “Well, why don’t I just do everything with Spectrum?” She said it is the same and will be the same price and that SHE and AT&T are using Spectrum’s order number … She said that she at AT&T gets a commission for setting up Spectrum order and placing a Spectrum order since AT&T is not available in my area … But AT&T is available in my area … SHe said though that the internet speed for the real address I gave is 1.5 megabits and AT&T does not offer such a low speed because AT&T only handles exactly 10 megabit speed … I said, “Well, I think I’ll check with Google Fiber.” She said, “Okay, you can go ahead and check with them as well.” I said, “Sorry to waste your time.” She said,“That is okay, there is no problem.”

What a weird conversation. It does not seem legit, yet where is the SCAM on her part? She asked for no money if I wanted to go the “Spectrum” route and I go to the store at the address that she gave me (and it is a real address and Spectrum store at that address) and I pick up the stuff and she gets a commission from SPectrum???

This does not make sense. haha

1 Like

Wait … We called the true 1800 # and calked the “scammer”
at same time … That ID # TR3424 he says legit … Ok confusion🤥

I did not call 844-610-0267 I looked up on Google 866 980 6621 and then called it and had that long conversation. I gave her a real address but not my address of course. I gave her the real address of a house that is currently empty of residents and that is down the street of someone I know on the east side. It does not seem legitimate in the sense that she was saying that the real zip code/address that I gave her only allows internet speed of 1.5 megabits and does not allow higher speed of megabits. That seems to me on the surface to be ridiculous.

I am confused, @Draco Where was the “scam” part of it since she says she gets a commission from Spectrum?

AT&T and Spectrum are competitors.

This call was weird. I do not understand about what she was speaking. I am confused!

2 Likes

new number for ebay scammers - +1 808-204-8135

1 Like

AT&T scam active tonight
866-980-6621

the numbers down. It says the toll free number you were trying to reach is no longer in service lmao