Discord outreach

Discord project phishing site

So this is the third time I have run across this scam. Long story short. The victim will receive a message from a user (maybe a bot) claiming that they have been selected for a special program. Two of them for me were for discord Hypesquad. I did receive one for another program but had pretty much the same verbiage.

User and body of the message

Landing page for the link
NOTE: all hyperlinks take you to the log-in page. Even links like safety.

Login Page

This is the post URL for login. This also shows the IP address for the post request endpoint.

1 Like

The REMOTE ADDRESS is Cloudflare!

1 Like

I ran the IP to. Cloudflare is probably the hosting site. From there the login info is probably sent to the owner some way. I compared the HTML of the site to Discords actually login page and they’re drastically different. Also to note is that on the phishing site they try and disable opening dev tools. In order to view you have to go through the more tool options. Since it is most likely Cloudflare then I will report the site for phishing.

1 Like

Not sure how you don’t already know… Cloudflare is a CDN (Content Delivery Network) / DNS Provider (Domain Name Server) - where you simply point to your host. You can, if you want to, also tunnel your requests through their available PROXY servers and gain the security/performance features they offer. They aren’t actually a hosting site themselves. The idea behind Cloudflare is to pretty much enhance the security, performance and reliability of anything connected to the internet, particularly a website and to protect it from outages/distributed denial of service attacks etc!

1 Like

Ah, I didn’t know they don’t have a hosting service. I am still fairly new to web hosting. I have heard of Cloudflare and have attempted to use their services when it was suggested to me when I was trying to set up my first website but it wasn’t entirely clear what they offered. This makes it a lot clearer. It’s only been very recently that I have hosted a website so this knowledge is very helpful. Nevertheless, I think it was still beneficial to point out to them a potential scam site that is using their service. I will have to do some more research on this though.