Dept of Justice (202) 860-2269 caution please

Scam Number: (202) 860-2269
Scammer’s Website or Email: none
Additional information about this scam: I found this number while researching 202 area codes and someone reported a scammer giving the name “Steven Gronky” who is trying to act like a Special Agent with the ch*** explo****** unit.
Found on guru:
https://www.numberguru.com/phone/202/860/2269/

Call him and keep him busy before he hurts someone. SOUNDS American, exercise caution please.
Vocaroo | Online voice recorder

Voice message set up: Vocaroo | Online voice recorder

THANK you @Matherchod for your help!!!

Basically an accusation is made that a guy is doing inappropriate shit, it is a VOIP number Onvoy, Not sure how he is asking to ‘resolve’ this case.

8 Likes

he must be busy as it rings to voicemail

5 Likes

I’m blowing his phone up

9 Likes

is this guy even real
I’m kind of curious what they’re going to dig up on about this guy

6 Likes

7 Likes

How recent did you call him?

6 Likes

Thursday, ‎April ‎11, ‎2024, ‏‎2:07:44 PM

6 Likes

Called. Goes to voicemail. Didn’t leave one. May get creative and call back with a good story.

2024-04-11 1:13PM MT

6 Likes

Doesn’t seem to be picking up anymore. Goes strictly to voicemail. Sounds American, but could be a number of possibilities regarding the number’s origin. Could be a USA origin, Bahamas, Jamaica, etc, etc. Wish we could get the IP address of the voip he’s using…

5 Likes

Can anyone hear the people in the background of this audio and what they sound like? That would give us a clue to the origin of this number and call center…

5 Likes

I got VM too.

5 Likes

I hear a bunch of men in the background, it sounds echoey and when I talked to him it was also very echoey if that makes sense . I have my suspicions but who knows! @SatelliteZero

4 Likes

Yeah I understand. When we call Indian Scammer Call Centers, we can clearly hear the other Indian accents in the background talking to victims/scambaiters etc. But this one was not very clear. I would suggest to anyone else who may get to talk with this guy, to produce a period of silence, like: “hold on, let me get my paperwork” “hold on, someone’s calling me on the other line” and they can record and we can hear more clearly the background voices! haha.

4 Likes

Im trying to figure out his name. Stephen Brocky?

That address is bogus.

He is on my radar now.

btw if anyone reading this has any doubts this guy is fake, if the “feds” have evidence on you, they get a warrant and show up. They dont call you.

4 Likes
Steve Grocki

I googled the name and found him:

6 Likes

there’s a way you can look up government numbers
just call them and verify that number is belongs to them
I can’t remember what website to look that number up on

4 Likes

https://www.justice.gov/criminal/criminal-ceos

4 Likes