Delhi Police raids, shuts down 2 scam call centers (Incl. Bansal Travels)

On February 1, 2024, the Delhi Police’s Intelligence Fusion and Strategic Operations (IFSO) unit arrested 26 individuals and detained 40 in association with the operation of two fraudulent BPO organizations in Naraina and Dwarka, seizing $28,313.41, 25 laptops, 32 cell phones and 4 computers in the process. The call centers raided are:

1, Bansal Travels Private Limited.

• A fraudulent travel agency operated in Naraina by Mohit and Shubham Bansal, otherwise known as “Kaku” and “Kalli” respectively, and Puneet Sehgal.
  • The scammers claimed to operate out of Santa Clara, California, while their location shifted from call center to call center for over 6 years.
  • The scammers impersonated Amazon, PayPal, Chime and Norton through the use of MicroSIP, Xlite and Google Voice.
  • 21 were arrested, 17 males and 4 females.

2, Call center TBD

• Operated in Dwarka by Sachin Yadav, Shashank Bharatwal and Jagjeet Singh.
  • These scammers posed as AT&T, Charter Spectrum, DirecTV, EarthLink, Frontier and Winstream to claim you can get cheaper TV and Internet services.
9 Likes

I’m glad to hear and feel a sense of justice or relief for the culprits being caught. It’s important for individuals who engage in illegal or unethical activities to be held accountable for their actions, especially when it affects legitimate businesses and creates an atmosphere of suspicion. Let me how can I be a part of baiting these Scammers. I would love to be a part of it

4 Likes

One of the ways you can help is by reporting and verifying scam numbers. The verification process is as simple as calling the scammer back, as we don’t wanna get into any legal trouble over spoofed numbers.

4 Likes

Dwarka is in South West Delhi while Naraina is in West Delhi

3 Likes