Debt Forgiveness Scam

Scam Number (Callback Only): 1 (501) 274-0454
Domain Used: Not Applicable
Extra Info: The automated voicemail was received on February 8th, 2021 at 11:19 AM Eastern Standard Time. This was a Debt Forgiveness Scam. To prove this is a robocall-scam, I have provided a link to the voicemail I got for everyone to see. The robocall violates the TCPA because The phone number which called me does not match with the call-back number because I am afraid it might have been spoofed. The call-back number is down, but raising awareness about fraudulent robo-calls will save people from getting scammed.

Transcript: “Nationwide announcement regarding… Hello, this is a nationwide announcement regarding the litigation process happening with the U.S. Presidential Election. This means you only have a few months left to submit your paperwork to the Department of Education, to be grandfathered into the Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Program. This is the only notification you will receive about this. We currently have an available human representative to speak to you about this important event. Call 1, 5 0 1, 2 7 4, 0 4 5 4. This call will now end and notification marked is complete”.

TCPA Violation
(b) RESTRICTIONS ON THE USE OF AUTOMATED TELEPHONE EQUIPMENT.—
(1) PROHIBITIONS. — It shall be unlawful for any person within the United States, or any person outside the United States if the recipient is within the United States—
Violation – "(iii) to any telephone number assigned to a paging service, cellular
telephone service, specialized mobile radio service, or other radio
common carrier service, or any service for which the called party is
charged for the call; "

1 Like