"Debit Card Locked!" SMS SCAM | 848-986-9941

[size=4]Numbers:[/size] [size=4]Call 848-986-9941[/size], text sent from 410-200-505

[size=4]Info:[/size] Received a sms message about 6 hours ago from " “CitizensBANK” " saying my Debit Card is locked and to call them to unlock it.

-Standard ‘give me all your info’ scam, a bot will answer and ask you to put in things like your credit card number, ENTIRE social security number, CVV, address number, ZIP, etc, after that just says you’re cards unlocked. Seems to mainly have contacted Philadelphia numbers.

-Just pressing numbers for info doesn’t work, but using a good enough generator does.

-So while it might not be the most entertaining scammer to interact with, still worth going ham on their inbox with fake info and reporting if you’re bored or what not. :slight_smile:

[size=4]Extra:[/size] Also called my actual bank to check and lo and behold, my card wasn’t locked, so reported the number to their abuse email.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community, @GSNreports !

1 Like

|Number|(848) 986-9941
|Carrier|Vonage: 197D - NSR/4|
I also sent an email to Vonage to report this number.

1 Like

Welcome @GSNreports :wave:

1 Like

Pretty funny. You can enter any bogus information you want and it says card is reactivated. LOL