Cookie-cutter soundboard robocall scam PACs - merchant details all begin with "R P*"

I am getting repeated and relentless robocalls from scam PACs, pretending to be various “noble” organizations, but they all follow the same script and formula. It’s a soundboard (there’s a live person at the other end but all they can do is play pre-recorded messages) and the messages are very similar, regardless of the organization name.

They go by different names, including:

• Police Coalition for America PAC
  • Police Officer Support PAC
  • National Coalition for Disabled Veterans PAC
    and so forth.

I’ve tried running some of them through Robo Revenge (basically read them a gift card with $0 balance, to get the name of the merchant that’s charging the card). The merchant names tend to follow the PAC name, but always contain the characters “R P*” in some form. Some of their merchant names are:
R P*Veteran K9 PAC
R P*NAC Police
R P* Police POSA
R P*POLICE CMTE
R P*BREAST CANCER PLEDGE (additional info: 844-8448942)

Has anyone heard of any groups that are following this formula? Clearly, there is one organization that is doing robocalling on behalf of all of these, erm, “causes”. I’d love to go after them with a TCPA complains (yes PACs may be “exempt” in some way, but not when it comes to calling cell phones!). But, every one of these has been a shell organization of some sort and I haven’t been able to dig up anything further. Any help/info would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

Same here, they try to sound official but are nothing but a business run by wealthy folks scamming Americans who already struggle to survive. Many of these are real Political Action Committees but they word things as if the money is actually going to help someone besides the PAC and the thieves that run it. Most of the numbers calling say private or verified, the verified numbers don’t ring back and are dead.

Aside from the name of the organization, the script is essentially IDENTICAL. There’s gotta be a single “scam PAC fundraising infrastructure” company behind all of these. One time I managed to get far enough into the “provide a slightly inaudible credit card number” tree to get them to open a mic, and it was two people talking quickly amongst themselves in Spanish.

1 Like

When I have gotten through to them I have gotten an American woman and a couple of questionable accents. Often when calling these numbers back (ones that I have received) I get a medical alert scam, fake radio station contest or a dead number. I know that one of these scumbags was recently arrested. This is the link to the story: Southern District of New York | PAC Fundraiser And PAC Treasurer Charged With Multi-Year Schemes To Defraud Donors | United States Department of Justice