Comcast scam 888-348-3689

Scam Number: 888-348-3689
Scammer’s Website or Email: robocall
Additional information about this scam: Comcast fake 50%

4 Likes

They are doing a damn good job of making themselves sound legit, and I don’t like it.

2 Likes

I’m on call now … I pressed 1 … I’m currently caller number FOUR … this is the hold music that has some pep in its step … now I am caller number THREE … I will post this now and continue to wait on hold to get a “representative” …

2 Likes

I kept going from caller number 4 to caller number 2. They look you up by phone or account number. He said he couldn’t find me, and hung up. Do they have access to Comcast’s data base??

1 Like

Yes @Tillianne, the robo stuff does sound very legitimate. Thanks for postin’ the recording.

I’m still on hold. Now I am caller number TWO.

1 Like

Be prepared, he will hang up if he can’t find you.

1 Like

Wow, that is interestin’. How does the scam work I wonder. Maybe they hacked into the real Comcast database.

I had TWO MINUTES estimated time, now it just said FOUR MINUTES estimated time.
Now it says FIVE MINUTES estimated HOLD time.

EDIT:
Now it says estimated hold time NINE MINUTES, though still I am caller number TWO???

3 Likes

I’m wondering myself. It’s weird.

1 Like

If it is a Comcast 50 percent off scam, it would seem to be targeting a “new customer” and not a current customer. So if they are able to see the real database of Comcast, why would they not want to speak to a potential victim/potential new customer?

This is very interesting.

Still I am caller number TWO … Now estimated hold time is TWELVE minutes?

2 Likes

You’re still on hold!?!

Okay, a guy with a foreign accent answered finally. He said, “Hello, you’ve reached Comcast/XFinity.” I asked him his name. He said, “Zek.”

I asked nicely, “What is your first name, Sir?” I heard hold music immediately, and after maybe 5 or 10 seconds he was back on the call and said “hello” again. I said, “You have a unique name. How do you spell it, Sir?” He spelled it “Z a k” and I said, “Oh, Zack. You meant to say Zack.”

I heard immediately the hold music again for 10 or 15 seconds.

He came back on the call and said, “How may I help you?”

I said, “Yes Zack, I had received a robo call about a 50% promotional discount for becoming a Comcast customer.”

He asked for the “promotion code” and I said, “Oh, I must not have written it down and I have deleted the message already.”

Immediately I was put on hold and STILL I am on hold. The counter on my TextNow call is currently 26 minutes and 41 seconds. I was on hold for some time though before Zek/Zack finally took my call.

It seems that this criminal Zek … who meant to say Zack … just puts a potential victim on hold when the potential victim does not follow the script!

??? Weird

=== === ===
=== === ===
=== === ===
WAIT! Zek/Zack came back on the line and said, “Hello?” I said, “Hello, Zek.” He asked, “How may I help you?”

I said, “I was speaking to you and you’d put me on hold.” He said, “No, I did not put you on hold.”

I said, “Yes Zek, you put me on hold when I told you that I did not write down the promotion code from the robo call and that I have deleted the robo call message already.”

He said, “Hang up.” Then HE HUNG UP.

Maybe he wanted the PROMOTION CODE to verify that I am not trying to mess with them? On the other hand, why would he not try to scam me anyway even when I could not provide the promotion code?

He never asked me what my name is.

Very strange …

Haha,
And then, the fireman rushes in from the pouring rain
Very strange

3 Likes

I got the same guy. Same thing happened. Must be their Protocol to jam out to the best wait music ever between questions lol.

1 Like

He sounded depressed when he answered. told him about the 50% off. Put me back on hold to check the phone number and hung up. You will need a Comcast number to make the conversation last more than 30 seconds.

1 Like

caller 6… 7 min wait? they wont tell you real wait time to keep you on the line maybe. I think they slowly increase it.

1 Like