BOB RTC is shutting down

Shutting down on 4th July.
:frowning:

6 Likes

wat

post must be at least of 5 characters

2 Likes

Check the website.
‘ ¯ So long and thanks for all the fish! Don’t bother signing up, we’re out of here!’

4 Likes

Something to do with this?

https://twitter.com/BobRTCstatus/status/1543369968653283328

2 Likes

I hope you’re right!

Please check attached. It was just updated earlier today.

2 Likes

Moving servers, not shutting down. You posted a fake news just to attract our attention.

3 Likes

Apologies (if I’m wrong) but that’s not what it says on subscribestar.com

3 Likes

So sad. BobRTC folks did the utmost best.
I hop their team remains engaged in some fashion to fight the scammers.

5 Likes

They’ve put a farewell message on https://www.subscribestar.com/bobrtc
:cry:

4 Likes

I saw that. Good idea to unsubscribe any monthly donation (as they mention)

1 Like

Very sad. Weblink is: BobRTC on SubscribeStar

4 Likes

BluePhoneBuster?? I think he ran his own dialer until he shut it down due to prices.

1 Like

BobRTC wasn’t without it’s flaws. The latest update to the website made it nearly impossible for many people to sign up. Me who had an account earlier during the discord and matrix phases had my very email id I used for those times ‘sounding like a scammer’. Lost all hope then.

3 Likes

@drwat I have appreciated your contributions as a BobRTC Number Hunter very much.

4 Likes

Thank you for your many years of hard work, and for protecting who knows how many thousands of victims from being scammed. I am confident there is a special place in God’s heart for you all, for sticking out this long despite all the junk you have had to face.

You all will be REALLY missed. :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

12 Likes

Many thanks to Bob RTC for years of hard work.

5 Likes

Hey, Asha!! Hope you’re doing well, my friend

3 Likes

404 page not found :cry:

Scambaiting became my hobby because of BobRTC. I joined at 2020, had no experience about scambaiting. Thanks to BobRTC for everything :heart:

9 Likes

Sadly I didn’t get to experience Bob RTC but I believe I would have enjoyed it! If anyone from behind the site reads this, please know your efforts were appreciated. We are all doing what we can against the scammers. And I hope my efforts to get a login via twitter were not too annoying!

2 Likes

I first got into scambaiting back in 2020, around the time that I was officially a teenager and I started watching JayBeeTV (scambaiter on YouTube) who makes videos where he trolls scammers for fun.
I wanted to start my own web series that would be extremely similar to those videos, and that I would use BobRTC to scambait, but I delayed the series too much before its release date would become indefinite because I had never came into virtual contact with a scammer before, and even though that I would be able to properly troll them, I actually felt nervous.
Afterwards, I didn’t really get interested into trolling scammers like I was, and I was into other things, but that soon changed.
Almost two years later, I slowly started to get into scambaiting again and started watching JayBeeTV more, and at the time, I had an interest in collecting VHS tapes, DVDs, Blu-rays, 4K videodiscs, Betamax tapes, LaserDiscs and possibly U-Matic tapes, but now, my upcoming satisfaction to scambait is partially pushing my home video collection interest away.
When I heard that BobRTC would close a day prior to the website shutting down, I thought it felt unexpected, and when I read the closing message on SubscribeStar, I understood why it went to the grave whilst the scammers jumped for joy up above.
Nevertheless, I hope that the team can be able to continue the journey of scambaiting by maybe formulating a new way to scambait or even create a new website that would be the successor to BobRTC, in which could be similar to it, but could have better features, better UI, better adjustments, and more.
For now, people who want to scambait could use Textnow, Textfree and other second phone number applications or any online VoIP services to troll scammers by call or text.
Until then, we will have to see what the future will hold for the team at BobRTC.
R.I.P. BobRTC (2019 - 2022)
Stay safe and happy scambaiting/trolling!

P.S. I have barely used BobRTC, but have tried calling scammers on there not a lot of times, but ended up concluding the call before I could even get connected because of how nervous I was.

10 Likes