Beating Scammers At Their Own Game - VOIP Virus

Ok, since VOIP consists of data packets, why cannot a virus be developed to destroy a scammer while you are talking to them? Their phone system comes into their computers and therefore would theoretically them vulnerable.

Can it be done? It appears so!

Far-fetched idea? NOPE!

For example, this site (https://computer.howstuffworks.com/ip-telephony5.htm) clearly states: VoIP is susceptible to worms, viruses and hacking, although this is very rare and VoIP developers are working on VoIP encryption to counter this.

This site points out something similar: https://www.lifewire.com/security-threats-in-voip-3426532

Many other sites talk about a VOIP virus by using data packets as well, but none that discuss how it is accomplished.

Now, I have some very deep pockets, and software programmers who work for me. I think we should roll with this concept, but I would like to throw this out to you for some feedback.

This might be a really good solution to the problem because if the scammer's computers (and therefore phones) could be disabled then why not?

This is clearly a different solution other than ratting, which is extremely complex to do and is highly illegal.

Scambaiting:
Pros: Its as fun as hell!
Cons: You waste your time too and it doesn't affect scammers much.

Call Flooding:
Pros: PURE fun!
Cons: We can only disable 1-2 numbers per day with this method and the scammer merely gets a new number anyways.

Reporting Scammer to Carrier:
Pros: Best solution - we shut down 30-50 scammers every day by reporting the number to the carrier. We have established relationships with all carriers scammers use and in about 60 seconds of work we can shut down a scammer by sending a simple copy/paste email to the carrier. Let me know if you would like a copy of the list.
Cons: The scammer just changes their number. Companies like MagicJack close out the number but they don't disable the device ID. Therefore, the scammer simply gets a new number and within minutes are up and running.

PSA's:
Pros: Strong-arming politicians to run PSA ads on TV to educate the public would be the strongest defense. The government already does this with regards use of seatbelts, drinking and driving, and tobacco. Why not PSA's for educating the public about scammers? If the public would only STOP falling for this stupidity the the finances of the scammers would dry up
Cons: Trying to make politicians see it our way and trying to make people less stupid might be more difficult than making water un-wet.

So, this is why I present to you a new concept. Transmit a virus through a VOIP conversation that takes out their network.

Let me know if you have any ideas or thoughts in this regard. I am ready to finance such a thing.

NOTE: I'm not interested in ANY debates (unless such is generally informative for any reader), insults, direct attacks against me IN ANY FORM. I have been here before and have been buried alive by these things. I only want the same thing as you.... A REAL SOLUTION for destroying these people once and for all, not some challenge regarding my intentions!

With great power comes great responsibility. If you open the flood gates to VOIP Virus then surly the scammers could too. However I am now every interested in how VOIP works. I was under the impression it was safe and impossible to track back let alone send a virus too. Would like to read about or know more about this. How would the virus work realistically? Say FireRTC it runs on thier servers and you simply transmit and receive audio from the browser. How would it work?

@ScamArrest#31473 Thank you. I report to couple of phone carriers which I know of.

Appreciate if you could get me a copy of the list of carriers and their contact info for reproving abuse.

Question: Are you familiar with the bulk carrier: Blitz Telecom? Do they take action against abuse?

@drwat#31552 I’m not familiar with Blitz Telecom. Can you send me a phone number that is associated with that company please?

I keep a current list at the top of scammerblaster.com but here is the current list (which changes nearly daily):

REPORT ABUSE TO CARRIERS IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER:

“Aerialink/Geneseo (SVR)” report abuse
Note: This service does not include phone services, only texting services, but some Carrier Lookup tools may mistakenly list this agency as the carrier for the phone number.

“Enflick” report abuse:
Email: [email protected], [email protected]
Results: Scammer phone system shut down within 2-3 days, typically

“Google/Bandwidth” report abuse:
Email: [email protected]
Web Form: https://www.bandwidth.com/report-a-phone-number/
Results: Scammer phone system shut down in 2 hours, typically.

“Level3 SMSEnabled – Sybase365” report abuse:
Results: Scammer phone system shut down in 2 days, typically.

“Level 3 Communications” report abuse:
Additional Email: [email protected]

“Localphone 360 Networks SVR” report abuse:
Results: Scammer phone system shut down in 24 hours, typically.

“Local Access LLC” report abuse:
Email: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Results: Scammer phone system shut down in 2 hours, typically.

“MCImetro” (which is actually “Verizon”) report abuse:
Email: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Notes and Results: Send your email to all email addresses listed above. Scammer phone system shut down in 24 hours, typically.

“Onvoy” (a division of Inteliquent) report abuse:
Web Form: https://www.inteliquent.com/contact-us/report-abuse
Results: Scammer phone system shut down in 4-6 hours, typically.

“Peerless Network” report abuse:
Email: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Notes and Results: Scammer phone system shut down in 30 minutes, typically. WOW!

“T-Mobile” report abuse:
Note: If T-Mobile is listed, then the carrier is actually Tracfone.
Additional Email: [email protected]
Results: Scammer phone system shut down in 1-2 days, typically.

“Twilio/Broadvox (Sybase)” –OR–“Twilio/Inteliquent (SMS-Sybase) (MMS-SVR)” report abuse:
Results: Scammer phone system shut down in 1 hour. WOW!

“Vail Lab (Sybase)” report abuse:

“Verizon” report abuse:

“VoxBeam” report abuse:
Results: Scammer phone system shut down within 2 hours

For “YMAX” or “MagicJack” report abuse:
Results: Scammer phone system shut down within 4 hours.

PLEASE NOTE: In ALL YOUR CORRESPONDENCES be sure to include [email protected] in the Carbon Copy of your emails. If the scammer is an IRS scammer ALSO include [email protected]

@scambaiternumber7#31551 Since VOIP utilizes data packets then it might seem to follow that these data packets could also contain a virus. How it works is yet unclear.

However, after discussing the matter with my programmers we are starting to identify some of the pieces that would need to come together to make it happen. Since scammers are likely to be monitoring these forums I won't post some of our theories for accomplishing this here but let's just say we aren't talking about cassette tapes. lol!

The VOIP stream isn't some sort of analog voice stream, but since data packets are used there HAS to be a way. Now, whether WE figure it out or not is yet to be seen, but we feel it merits exploring.

@drwat#31552 I’m not familiar with Blitz Telecom. Can you send me a scammer phone number that is associated with that company please? I would like to check it out through our carrier-lookup tools.

I keep a current list at the top of scammerblaster.com. It changes nearly daily and if there are any carriers you think should be included let me know so that we can work out a cooperation with the carrier and also post their info in the site.

@ScamArrest#31575 I’m not familiar with Blitz Telecom. Can you send me a scammer phone number that is associated with that company please? I would like to check it out through carrier-lookup tools.

I keep a current list at the top of
scammerblaster
daught
commm

I make additions nearly daily and if there are any carriers you think should be included let me know so that we can work out a cooperation with the carrier and also post their info in the site.

@drwat#31552 I’m not familiar with Blitz Telecom. Can you send me a scammer phone number that is associated with that company please? I would like to check it out through our carrier-lookup tools.

For some reason I am unable to post the carrier list here. For one, I am VERY much hated by scambaiters and forum admins, so I expect my duration on these forums to be exceptionally short-lived.

@ScamArrest#31574 I reported 206-400-2884 to Inteliquent. These scammers at this number pose themselves as Facebook Security department.

Inteliquent replied to me:

The telephone number in question is assigned to Blitz Telecom (bulk broker). You may contact Blitz Telecom for assistance in resolving this issue at [email protected]

[email protected]

@drwat#31582 Great! Please report that number to the email address they have specified. Be specific about what type of scammer they are, such as “IRS Scammer” or whatever.

I have added that email address to my website's list and have acknowledged you as the contributor.

To see the carrier list do a Google search for "An Awesome Method of Scammer PAYBACK". You will see the top Google result. Click that to view the list of carriers and email addresses for reporting scammers.

the idea is great but i think it wont work as most scammers use a forwarding service(i.e pop number is different than the actual number of the number the call is just forwarded ) so think that will not help at all

plus contacting Blitz TELECOM WILL NOT HELP AS they are just brokers and their main supplier is some else and they that this kind of scam run on there voip numbers and okay with it

@harry99#31596 Well, if the call is forwarded tehn the data packets would still remain and so a virus should still be transmittable. Granted, I could be completely wrong, but I’m not sure how forwarding a number would filter out anything from a data packet.

@drwat Regarding Blitz TELECOM, please keep me posted how that goes. I have methods for applying gentle pressure on phone carriers to take this matter seriously. So far it as always worked. However, I have a great relationship with Inteliquent and I could probably get something done through that avenue.

The pressure I apply is this: Dear sir/madam, Ok so you don't want to shut off the scammer number. That's fine. The email was just a courtesy notification anyways because our next step is to call flood the scammer with thousands of calls per hour. At your current VOIP rates this will cost the scammer over $2,000 per day in phone usage, but also the DOS attack (Denial Of Service) will render their phones useless anyways. Have a great day!

Now, THAT email gets some attention, because if the scammer is paying only $19/mo for unlimited phone usage then the carrier is going to see their profits go out the window on that account. They will come to the conclusion on their own that it will be better for them to comply than to fight me on the matter.

The above is just a shortened paraphrased example of one of many emails I send to carriers to get them to comply when we report phone numbers to them.

For Verizon we had to hire an attorney and threaten to sue in them order to get their cooperation. They eventually saw it our way. All other carriers were reasonably cooperative.

@ScamArrest#31584 Thank you. I appreciate very much.

@ScamArrest when you say this you mean swap phone packets with virus packets so they recieve virus packets on their pc?

@Ashtin1504#31616 That’s the general concept. Now, whether it can actually be done is a whole different animal, but we are working on identifying a solution that has a 20% chance of actually working. Fingers and eyes crossed!