Avast security scam

Recently when i came to my grandparents house and for some reason i needed to use their computer then i got to know that they are paying for firewall security on name of AVAST. they are paying them for many months. my grandfather said he paid them almost 10000 because they call him after every3-4 months and say we are getting security issues on your computer and charge him every time with a different company name as AVAST CARE, AVAST SERVICES, AV CLOUD, GEEKS PRO TECH, GEEKS WEB, GEEKS TECH PRO, so now we are going for legal procedure. they have multiple phone numbers- (Redacted for investigation), (Redacted for investigation), (888)-328-1227.

4 Likes

Definitely sounds like they are being taken advantage of. I wonder how they wound up getting the initial contact with your grandparents. If it was a scam pop-up or something else.

2 Likes

dont worry ive just given him hell

1 Like

Good, that’s what he deserves.

3 Likes

Indian scammers GEEKS TECHNOLOGIES LLC (888)-328-1227
active
1 star
https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/sacramento/profile/tech-support/geeks-technologies-llc-1156-90059083
Alternate Business Name

Newgen Geek Squad Inc.

Business Management

Nitish Sharma
2 Likes

active Sun 24 Sep 9:30am EST

3 Likes

“Please hold while we connect your call to extension 2. To go directly to voicemail, press star.”
“Thank you for calling Customer Service. Please hold for the next available agent.”

ANSWERING

1 Like

*"According to consumer reports and research conducted by BBB, Geeks Technologies LLC appears to engage in behavior typical of technical support scammers.

Consumers come into contact with tech scammers when interacting with a website with embedded malicious code which may bring up “pop-up windows” and sometimes sound recordings informing them that their computers have been hacked and/or infected and they must call an 800 number for technical support. Tech scammers also sometimes call victims on the telephone and give the same kinds of warnings about their computers. Consumers have also mistakenly come across tech scammers’ phone numbers when doing an internet search for technical support.

However the contact is made, the scam is generally the same. Tech support representatives request remote access to a victim’s computer; after which they may add useless software or “fix” problems and then request a fee for work that was unnecessary. "*

1 Like

888-328-1227 Still Active John Sunday 9-24-23 4:36PM EST