Attention!

The PCH scammers has spoofed a gentleman in his mid 50s to early 60s. The number was 562-270-9966. I told him to contact his cellular provider and hopefully ask for a number change because there is appearing to be an upsurge in the amount of 562 numbers being used for scamming. 562 is the area code for Los Angeles in Orange County, California. If anything, please give this man some love, he sounded very upset when he was informed that horrible people were using his phone number to hurt/harass other people. Publisher’s Clearing House is a legitimate sweepstakes, but they are also victim to being the pedestal for a very popular and unfortunately growing scam. And it’s one of the more successful scams that i have seen in my 5 years of scambaiting.

Again, 562-220-9966 is a real number belonging to a mid-life man, he was sweet and i wish him the best in his life. He was upset and finding his number had been stolen for very very horrible things.

2 Likes

I think he may have played you.
This number is definitely a PCH scammer.

1 Like

Sandbar is 100% correct
Not only were they known to be on every one of these numbers, which all have the same hacked message which has been changed to a new improved version, now with added chickens, roosters and dopey Dave Sayers

5622709967 PCH (hacked ivr menu message)
5622709969 PCH (hacked ivr menu message)
5622709970 PCH (hacked ivr menu message)
5622709972 PCH (hacked ivr menu message)
5622709973 PCH (hacked ivr menu message)
5622709975 PCH (hacked ivr menu message)
5622709976 PCH (hacked ivr menu message)
5622709978 PCH (hacked ivr menu message)

They also now have added these with the identical hacked message
5622709966 PCH (hacked ivr menu message)
5622709968 PCH (hacked ivr menu message)
5622709971 PCH (hacked ivr menu message)

As a bonus I just got him answering on these numbers for the first time
5622709974 PCH
5622709979 PCH

4 Likes

Them audio files all decided to fail after working during upload

Here are the two audio files of him answering live on these numbers

5622709974 PCH

2 Likes

5622709979 PCH

2 Likes

He didn’t play me. He was very unaware of the scam. He also had a southern draw related to rednecks. So he wouldn’t have been a really good scammer in my experience. This is an instance where the number does belong to an innocent person, which is why i urged him to change his number, because i knew it was listed as a pch scam, to protect him from the ftc taking him down wrongly.

he said nothing about the pch at all, which the scammer would have talked about. So it’s most likely been spoofed. It probably been stolen and reclaimed. I know i aint a fool about this. Go ahead and call the number and find out for yourself.

or the number could have autodialed an innocent person… we have our moments. i had mine. gimmie a break lmao. I was tired af lol.

1 Like

Maybe the scammers were diverting calls to this man?

most likely. which is why i told the man to change his number. I assume the scammers knew they were caught prior to me calling, so they decided to have it ring and poor man. And it was an actual southerner because “James Carter” tries to have a southern accent, even though you can hear the very obvious hindi undertone to it.

There is nothing Hindi about it.
They’re Jamaicans running lottery scams, which they’ve been doing for roughly 15 years.
There are thousands of them in the West Indies who do this every day of the year.
After finding many hundreds of these PCH scam numbers alone, a couple of dozen in the last week, I have never heard anything but someone from the Caribbean on the other end of the line.
There is no old man on that number!!

2 Likes

Unfortunately, until the telecoms do something about spoofing, it’s going to continue or get worse. My number has been spoofed as have others around here. Just have to live with it for a while.

you forget, numbers can be spoofed/spydialed through another number.

1 Like

I suppose you use that super technical TextNow or Google voice technology?
I must see what that’s all bout one day.
Actually, I’ll stick with the best software I know of, which I invented, which scans tens of thousands of numbers daily for changes in activity to find hundreds of thousands of scam numbers
You cannot spoof someone else’s number then reclaim it as your own whenever you feel like it
Call any of the numbers in this block.

I discovered all but one of them when no-one else had any idea they were even active, the same as I do with tens of thousands of other numbers every day of the year
I located and destroyed 216 toll free refund and tech support numbers yesterday, none of which were known to anyone but potential victims who cannot dial the numbers when they’re no longer active

1 Like

@SeamusTheScambaiter I sent you a message containing some information that I do not want to post publicly about this scammer.

1 Like

How many digits do you have in your locker?

That’s awesome, is it like a proper patented system or just something you threw together? I’d love to look into combining some of our scanners, I got some similar projects in the works but I guess if you already have those bases covered I might just leave it to you. If you’d like I’d love to speak privately about this, it sounds like it has a lot of potential.

1 Like

I did get an Indian the other day too, first time ever, and never again since. I have to wonder if they are outsourcing, or these guys are just trying their hand at it to see how they fare. One thing is though , he refused to take any form of payment other than gift cards, which makes me think they are just trying their luck rather than being outsourced by the Kingston crew.

1 Like