Apple Support Scam 1-888-701-4189

1-888-701-4189

Active Now...Support for Apple

What is the spiel?

@vadim#140224 the what ?

Ok, fumbled through, and found the spiel. I used the popup play (I got an error message on my iPhone while looking for some pictures.)

After giving a BS icloud email , it appears that indeed, there are 5 IP addresses connected to my Apple ID. Damn those hackers from Nigeria, Ohio and Russia. I need to obviously buy an iTunes card to upload the security code off it and secure my account.

If you want to speak to my agent currently on the line, Hank Warren, call 864-492-1364

what is the “spiel” ? For me “Spiel” means “game” in German :sweat_smile:

@guipc7#140228 Basically what’re the details on them. How they operate.

@guipc7#140228 spiel

/spēl/

noun

a long or fast speech or story, typically one intended as a means of persuasion or as an excuse but regarded with skepticism or contempt by those who hear it:
"he delivers a breathless and effortless spiel in promotion of his new novel"

English is not my first language, as well. I learned that "spiel" is often used to describe a salesperson's presentation.

@jaymee#140236 Its a weird idiom I guess, Russians and eastern European countries use “spiel” too.

@dannyforyou#140220

Apple Support Scammer ,

Phone Number - 205-707-1139

and URL -https://sites.google.com/view/digital-new/home Well these are bunch of scammers who are portraying themselves as apple support technicians,which they are not and many innocent have become their victims.Can u take them down ?

@scambaitbihari#140259 As in your other post, I could not verify this number after calling from four different burner numbers. If you have more information, please let me know.

They are still active and angry. I kept Hank on for 3 hours, driving through beautiful Alaska and through a world wide range of music. When I finally was ready to send him the picture of the Target gift card, a commotion happened on the line and they suddenly could not accept my picture. I think they got a bit more resistant to tracking links. Nevertheless, they are still online and active, give them a call :slight_smile:

@JusticeinTexas#140263 205-707-1139 - I couldn’t verify, either.

@JusticeinTexas#140263 Justice, this number has been up, idk if they blocked external calls, but I’ve spoken with them for 3 hours or so, and I last called them a few minutes ago.

Ok, weird thing happening. When calling from my other TextNow number( that I haven’t used to call them before), I get a guitar/piano/harp music VM, but when calling from the number I initially called Hank, I can get through.

@vadim#140268 I am sorry but I and another moderator could not confirm this number.

@vadim#140266 888-701-4189 is that the number you called? Mike of ext 2020 said our call is being recorded by Better Business Bureau. I guess that statement alone proves they’re scammers. True Apple won’t come up such ridiculous claim. He was surprised when I asked why he’s working on a holiday.

When I asked if he can help with my iPhone charger, he hung up on me.

@JusticeinTexas#140277 The 888 numbers appear to be scammy, it’s the one posted by scambaitbihari, 205-707-1139 that’s problematic. Pls see my comment re - “recorded by better business bureau”. That was on the 888 number,

@jaymee#140281

Ya, I called on the 888 number initially. Then I got called from like 3 numbers in my long drive, one of them is the one I posted about Hank, and 2 501 numbers((501) 974-0018 , (501) 974-0014 ). 888 still worked, but they seem to have a caller discrimination program going on. I might have went through because I called earlier and stayed with that number. When I tried to call from other numbers, it went directly to VM or they answered after a long time.

I’m still trying to find a way to give my Target card to them, they don’t accept photos or emails, I am currently trying to put it up their ass, maybe that works.

@jaymee#140278 Also, if you get them and want to continue the story, tell them you have an error message and it said to call this number. Be careful, you will need to upload 100$ on the gift card for each foreign IP address the hackers are using.

Also, last thing:

What are you guys using to record your calls? I used audacity in the past, but right now I’m not recording anything, but I want to start again.